• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Switzerland tour 2019

Gary Taylor

Great videos as ever Geoffery. Capture the atmosphere really well. Enjoy the rest of your tour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Great videos as ever Geoffery. Capture the atmosphere really well. Enjoy the rest of your tour.

Thankyou.

I have a few more to come yet and whilst people enjoy them, then I don't mind doing them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So day 13 and  the first rainy day conveniently while we had two nights at the Château d’montliue
So we all chilled out after yesterday’s happenings got some washing done. Caught up with photos and reports and generally relaxed
Tomorrow we visit la couple bunker and head back to England heading north for home at the weekend 
So today 0 miles

• Like 1

Sounds like you've had a epic trip!! 

I am setting off tomorrow on a Faser Nash raid to the Alps, I am co driving and doing a bit of the driving, (it's only fair on the driver!) we are in a 1933 Fraser Nash T.T Replica.  Our route is Huddersfield to Hull and catch tomorrow nights ferry to Rotterdam. Friday we drive to Dusseldorf where we catch the overnight car sleeper train to Innsbruck where we meet c 80 other Fraser Nash''s on Saturday.  Sunday over the Brenner Pass and lunch with the Mayor in Vipiteneo and then on to Bolzano  (Italian Dolomite's) where we are based for week.  

A few highlights include a regulatary hillclimb on Tuesday up Mont De Pana, Wednesday we do the Stelvio Pass and the Passa Di Gavia on the way back going through Bormio having gone in and out of Switzerland, in the evening a safari bar quiz. Early start on Thrusday, we plan to attempt Passo Sella, Passo Pordoi, Passo Fedaia, Passo Valporola, fuel in Cortina, Passo Giau, Passo Staulanza, Passo Duran, Passo Pellegrino, Passo Costalunga and finally Passo Nigra - 164 miles in total! Friday evening, driving tests, Saturday outdoor karting followed by a Gala dinner, then head home on Sunday.

• Like 7

Oh, deer!

• Haha 1

Well I spent the evening in Paris, dinner at a brasserie with great wine food and company.  I shall get the train home in a couple of hours. The weather here is disappointing and my coat is in my car! 

Here are a few pix just to show my parallel journey. 

IMG_20190605_120808.jpg

IMG_20190605_131929.jpg

IMG_20190605_132429.jpg

IMG_20190605_135054.jpg

IMG_20190605_163322.jpg

IMG_20190605_164810.jpg

IMG_20190605_200250.jpg

• Like 5

Wishing you a safe journey home Jude. Sad to hear about your engine problems. 

• Like 1

Glad you got home safe and sound.

Just arrived back in the UK.

• Like 2

cracking effort all - loved looking through the pictures - a proper adventure by the look of it

• Like 3