Provisional Calendar ?

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

One day maybe  ;)  :D  :D  ;)  we may not be viewed as "yet another Westfield kit car"  :devil: but more rightly as serious track cars with quality drivers holding many track records  :D  :D  ;)

Already getting there arn't we Mark, from memory I think we had 5 FTD's at the award's so we must be doing reasonably well  :D  :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• scott beeland

• adhawkins

Already getting there arn't we Mark, from memory I think we had 5 FTD's at the award's so we must be doing reasonably well  

[Devils Advocate]

Well enough that inviting clubs may be put off from offering if they think that FTD's and "on the day" awards may be going to "outsiders".

All that hard work on behalf of their members for nothing?

[/Devils advocate]

Not forgetting class records taken over the years by Stoneface, Mr Uren, Windy, Stint, Mr Hoyle Jnr and sooooo many others  :D  :D

Already getting there arn't we

Not yet  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  ;)  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mark et al,

On the question of getting 'invites' to events in certain areas, we should have enough members in all regions to infiltrate local motor clubs (for the sake of £14-ish) and thereby get a foot in the door to their (and their invited) events.

I did exactly this at the Brighton & Hove MC to get us involved at Goodwood.

Now, I could go along and join the Southsea, Bognor, Sevenoaks, etc MCs and tell the comp secs what a great bunch we are - with the odd exception, obviously??? - and get more invites to Goodwood, Lydden, North Weald.

But to save me money .... if anyone is already a member of any of these southern clubs, mail me and we'll make a plan for getting more event options for Mark to choose from for NEXT year's calendar :)

Thanks Gary  :D  ;)  If anyone gets any news on future invites (2005 now). Give a good word for the WSCC  ;)  :D

Mark,

In 2001 the WSC had a amaller separate Curborough championship which went very well but unfortunately didn't happen last year. Being a member of the Shenstone club that runs Curborough, I happen to know that several of their meetings only had 1 or 2 entrants in classes 2A and 2B last year.

Would it be worth trying to resurrect this and boost their numbers?

John

.... not that I'm saying we don't have a fantastic selection this year :blush:  WE DO.

Just, there are ways to get more southern (or other) events if we really want them.

PS

Oi! whats happened to my avatar-thing? All I see is a 'ickle red 'x' ???

Westy isn't serving avatars any more. Follow the link in my sig for details on how to use an alternative.

Andy

Would it be worth trying to resurrect this and boost their numbers?

John - perhaps ..... however

(a) Would this be viewed as a bias for Midlands based drivers next thing would possibly lead to is 4 or 5 sub-championships which is not beneficial to the WSCC

(b) It might possibly (and did previously) dilute the Overall Championship as Curb was run predominantly to attract newbies and

© to run anything more than we do at present given the way the SS has grown we need more help on admin front and given that Championship Co-ordinators cannot compete in "their own" championship that may be hard to come by  ;)

(d) We are fotunate in the Midlands and also as a member of SDCC and H&DLCC - most midlands drivers would probably benefit more from supporting such clubs in their "weekends off" from the WSCC SS

Just, there are ways to get more southern (or other) events if we really want them.

At different venues if poss  ;)  :D to give variety - we do get a few invites for same tracks but need alternatives if poss "variety being the spice of life"  :D  ;)  :D