Tour of the Peak District

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

As I'm on holiday this week, @CraigHew wished to have another run out in the peak district. He was planning on bringing his good friend @CosKev with him too.

I quickly threw this route together having followed @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO on many routes.

route for craig.JPG

We arrived at the Ramblers Inn bang on 12:00 just as they opened. The weather was kind to us and we managed a reasonable run up Winnat's pass and also along the snake pass.

Some dawdlers were found along the route.

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

• Like 4

Absolutely fabulous route @IanK (Bagpuss) so lucky with the warm but not too sunny weather too.

Although you and I chatted about cars most of the day, @CosKev as usual was only along for the food.

20180803_121637.thumb.jpg.2d366bd4a9a5f983bf55ea7d91a9e2b6.jpg

Homemade 8 inch sausage rolls. Chips and beans it said on the menu.

Apparently this isn't the first time kevs been photographed before swallowing an 8 inch sausage....

• Haha 4

Fab route Mr K, I might be biased though, the best of the Peak District on the high ground in this lovely weather. Rambler Inn - good choice. As you probably know I have been at work today, but my retired husband is wondering if his invite has been lost in the ether :p I have just fainted over the thought of him driving my car while I am not in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Fab route Mr K, I might be biased though, the best of the Peak District on the high ground in this lovely weather. Rambler Inn - good choice. As you probably know I have been at work today, but my retired husband is wondering if his invite has been lost in the ether :p I have just fainted over the thought of him driving my car while I am not in.

It was tricky ensuring Rita wasn’t visible  in any of the pics!:p Moral of this story is to check your Odo before and after you work!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

It was tricky ensuring Rita was in any of the pics!:p

Rita????

Is that @CraigHew 's stage name when he's in drag?:blues:

• Thanks 1

He’d be as convincing as Tim Healy in Benidorm:)

Rita is Glen’s car that he lets @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO Use to chauffeur him around in :dg-westy:

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

He’d be as convincing as Tim Healy in Benidorm:)

Just what I was picturing:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Looks a good route Ian! 

Glad weather was favourable too. 

Blindingly hot in Ibiza, well into 30’s! Dare I say it, almost like Le Mans 2017!

• Like 1

On 04/08/2018 at 07:20, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

It was tricky ensuring Rita wasn’t visible  in any of the pics!:p Moral of this story is to check your Odo before and after you work!

@IanK (Bagpuss) :p that's Glen sorted for tomorrow then, I will take the wheel in my rucksack to work with me :d you might as well stay home this Friday, Glen won't be coming out to play :d

DSC05205.JPG

13 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

@IanK (Bagpuss) :p that's Glen sorted for tomorrow then, I will take the wheel in my rucksack to work with me :d you might as well stay home this Friday, Glen won't be coming out to play :d

Looks like you've taken the Z4 wheels with you too. Have you rang and checked he's still home....................................