Donington 2nd July with MSV

Andrew

I am booked onto the evening session with Mazda On Track, so I might see you during the changeover

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oily Steve said:

I am booked onto the evening session with Mazda On Track, so I might see you during the changeover

Mazda on track? .. I didn't realise you were in the hair care business . ;)

Shall look out for you. :yes:

Don't worry I will be in the Westfield :d

I have just come back from a superb track day at Anglesey on Saturday, and am now looking forward to Donington

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oily Steve said:

Don't worry I will be in the Westfield :d

I have just come back from a superb track day at Anglesey on Saturday, and am now looking forward to Donington

I'm doing Donington and then looking forward to Anglesey. We're out of sync. :laugh:

Very VERY warm day today at Donington. :sun: Only 18 cars booked on so bags of space on track. 

Nice to see Russ and Scott turn up for the afternoon, although both were a bit unlucky with gremlins.. :oops:

Got loads of video to look through.. a tank plus four 20lt jerry cans worth.. my car is green in colour only! :laugh:

Will get  a vid or two put together at some point.

DSC_6494c.thumb.jpg.8d28954d80299bc06b6b61a364a05839.jpgDSC_6516c.thumb.jpg.b4f8c9b83d96bd3546df7eeb9abb0ef9.jpg

• Like 2

FOUR 20 litre Jerry cans!!!!!  How many miles did you do?

First one for me of my fateful last session. 

1 hour ago, RussH said:

First one for me of my fateful last session. 

I tried counting the laps.. was it ten? Most sessions we did with the Pinto were around seven laps, with one ten lapper. Basically coming in when the oil temp was nudging 120. That's with an oil cooler fitted. Without one, at ten laps, your oil temp must have been off the clock! .. you oil probably had the lubricating quality of water. 

Nice driving for a first visit. :yes:

9 hours ago, Michael Whitworth said:

FOUR 20 litre Jerry cans!!!!!  How many miles did you do?

I don't normally count, but as it happens there are around 90 laps on the logger, and I did one warming up session before I fitted it, so around 100 laps? I could probably work out the mpg, but I don't think it'd be good. ;)

Second session of the day, once I'd figured out which way the track went. Followed Scott for a few laps, then got told off for exceeding track limits. RIP Duratec.

I like the way you went off at Redgate just after the flag for good measure. :laugh:

Did you get pinged for noise too Russ, or was it track limits when you were on about it to me? 

I was hitting some great lines ;) @BCF

No issues with noise. Apart from my swearing at the end of the day. 

1 minute ago, RussH said:

I was hitting some great lines ;) @BCF

No issues with noise. Apart from my swearing at the end of the day. 

Ah right.. I thought it was noise limits rather than track limits you were on about. Yes there was some colourful language when you coasted back into the garage. :laugh:

Not getting flagged for noise it good. :yes: