Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

Out with the boys this morning for a blat around Exmoor

IMG_2759.thumb.jpeg.1c348eb4ef325d6fc2d660cb39d89d23.jpeg

A fine collection of Devon mud!

IMG_2790.thumb.jpeg.376f0529894c129d6f11efce73869320.jpeg

All clean, ready to be tucked away in the Carcoon.

IMG_2824.thumb.jpeg.7abda5662990655c9f86aebb1f09f0d2.jpeg

• Like 7

On 07/10/2023 at 12:42, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Don't forget there are other options other than a Carcoon!

https://airflow-uk.com/product/car-airchamber

The frame seems great if you want to drive in and out regularly, but are they weather resisitant enough for full year-round outdoor use i.e. uncovered? Wouldn't the car absolutely bake in the summer?

1 hour ago, eggontoast said:

The frame seems great if you want to drive in and out regularly, but are they weather resisitant enough for full year-round outdoor use i.e. uncovered? Wouldn't the car absolutely bake in the summer?

I don't have one myself but I'd guess that the airflow would be more than you'd get in a very hot garage and generally. I'm pretty sure they are for indoor use anyway, not really outdoors it seems from reading their website. I used to worry about my car being in a cold or damp garage over winter etc but tbh after 4 kits and many years I've not really had many issues. 

Thanks @Flying Carrot Steve. What issues have you experienced?
My (new to me this May) car is on the drive as it's the only current option & I'm quite concerned about corrosion over the winter. The brake discs are already looking pretty orange after ~3 weeks without driving.
Happy to take this to DM or another thread, if appropriate, considering the topic of this one.

To bring us back to topic here's mine, as ended up yesterday, waiting for the shocks to come off and go back to Nitron for service after one allowed all of its oil escape.

20231008_164413.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, eggontoast said:

Happy to take this to DM or another thread, if appropriate, considering the topic of this one.

Not a bad idea, I was wanting to ask more on this, but wrong thread on which to do it, I'll start one in Tech Talk.👍

• Thanks 1

On 09/10/2023 at 13:52, eggontoast said:

Thanks @Flying Carrot Steve. What issues have you experienced?
My (new to me this May) car is on the drive as it's the only current option & I'm quite concerned about corrosion over the winter. The brake discs are already looking pretty orange after ~3 weeks without driving.

To bring us back to topic here's mine, as ended up yesterday, waiting for the shocks to come off and go back to Nitron for service after one allowed all of its oil escape.

20231008_164413.jpg

None with the Westie, had a bit of alloy powdery corrosion on another kits fuel tank but not much else tbh. I am of the opinion that most worries about keeping cars over the winter never really materialise into much if anything. It does depend upon how dry your garage is of course. 

2 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

None with the Westie, had a bit of alloy powdery corrosion on another kits fuel tank but not much else tbh. I am of the opinion that most worries about keeping cars over the winter never really materialise into much if anything. It does depend upon how dry your garage is of course. 

Mine is under a cover on the driveway, so no garage and hence why the discs have gone orange. 

Haven't been in the garage for a few days... went in last night and found this.

Believe it to be revenge for the leopard print steering wheel cover I put in her Z4......

20231011_204417.jpg

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, eggontoast said:

Mine is under a cover on the driveway, so no garage and hence why the discs have gone orange. 

Sounds like you need an outdoor carcoon type thing