• Like 6

Today's trip around

Zdjęcie WhatsApp 2024-05-01 o 18.31.50_32c2474c.jpg

Zdjęcie WhatsApp 2024-05-01 o 18.31.49_fe3e1616 crop.jpg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, andyjs said:

Nice run out with my Caterham buddy

20240420_160615.jpg

I know I'm biased but I actually think Westfields are better looking than Caterhams. 

1 minute ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I know I'm biased but I actually think Westfields are better looking than Caterhams. 

Likewise, perhaps bias, but I think the falling out with Caterham was the best thing that could have happened to Westfield SC. Although to the average guy in the street it is a Caterham because that's all he has seen on TopGear and the likes. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Likewise, perhaps bias, but I think the falling out with Caterham was the best thing that could have happened to Westfield SC. Although to the average guy in the street it is a Caterham because that's all he has seen on TopGear and the likes. 

Me too! I think it is the narrower nose which makes it look better.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Naranja_Al said:

Me too! I think it is the narrower nose which makes it look better.

And longer, the Caterham to me looks a little bit 'stubby-nosed' 

43 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

And longer, the Caterham to me looks a little bit 'stubby-nosed' 

That too! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I would add that better than any other  7-type car. MK, GBS, GKD/DMO, MNR.. maybe Donkevoort wins there, but that is supercar category rather than simple lightweight straight 7-type. 

But saing that, all 7 type looks and are great! :)

I have heard that this falling out with caterham ended with independent suspension rear in Westfields too  (to differentiate Westfield from Caterham) . Not sure if this is true ? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

I would add that better than any other  7-type car. MK, GBS, GKD/DMO, MNR.. maybe Donkevoort wins there, but that is supercar category rather than simple lightweight straight 7-type. 

I have heard that this falling out with caterham ended with independent suspension rear in Westfields too  (to differentiate Westfield from Caterham) . Not sure if this is true ? 

I actually quite like the MNR front end too. Bit of an acquired taste but it stands out from the crowd. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

I think I may have read that also. Independent rear had to be a better idea right? What do modern day Caterhams have? 

1 hour ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I think I may have read that also. Independent rear had to be a better idea right? What do modern day Caterhams have? 

I believe most of them have a De Dion rear suspension, although recently I found out the the CSRs have fully independent suspension.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Dion_suspension

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterham_7_CSR

• Thanks 1

Modern have Independent too.  But I have read in that time Westfield need to do sth different to be different . And did that in good direction.

MNR well I have to like it as I am building one but its not so smile realase desingn as Westfield's. 

Not metion so helpfull and friendly community as for Westfields! I am proud to have WSCC stickers on Westfields. And -  You look at Westfield and just smile  ! I love that topic just too look at all that cars .

Powerfull antidepressant :)

• Like 3