Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

5 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

@Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset

OK thanks, which model is yours then, the car fits well in it so may as well get the same, my only issue would be the overall height of it, it would be installed in one of those prefab concrete garages.

Mine is a Size 3 regular. It’s longer than necessary but the width is better than the Size 2. In theory they do custom sizes but I didn’t get any joy when I requested one. Height wise, I can open my standard garage door over the top of it which makes life easy. I actually have it attached to the roof beams so that I can go into it when it is deflated. I tie the top section up so I can drive the car out quite easily.

IMG_2713.png

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

Mine is a Size 3 regular. It’s longer than necessary but the width is better than the Size 2. In theory they do custom sizes but I didn’t get any joy when I requested one. Height wise, I can open my standard garage door over the top of it which makes life easy. I actually have it attached to the roof beams so that I can go into it when it is deflated. I tie the top section up so I can drive the car out quite easily.

IMG_2713.png

I will try and measure the garage then, as I would quite like to still walk down the side of the car ( main tool area at rear). Oh and thanks about holding the roof bit up, I did wonder what happens when you open the door.

ETA

Yeah Size 3 reg for me also, off to Carcoon.Forget that just asked for a custom price, I really need the space at the back of the garage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Don't forget there are other options other than a Carcoon!

https://airflow-uk.com/product/car-airchamber

I’m sure the framed ones are alot more convenient for accessing, but I didn’t have enough room for one unfortunately.

Took the car out and met up with a mate to look for potential meeting places for meetups and had to oblige. This kid loved the car. Permission to use photo given by parents.IMG-20231007-WA0007.jpg.07d9e776541f1d1669b983595935df20.jpg

• Like 7

Happy mot pass day! Spot on emissions too! 
D8AF7D56-ED62-436E-B2B3-C8493E3AF7A9.thumb.jpeg.df4ef965a518f16dbd631299e97dc00d.jpeg

...then a photo shoot with the big dish of Jodrell Bank behind…

IMG_3545.thumb.jpeg.ca09515d79f124b3d1a157f888f2c1e7.jpeg

and then took my mum of a respectable 85years, for a run to local pub for lunch

IMG_3543.jpeg

• Like 9

Car meet at the Kings Arms, Heath Common today. Parked next to a former work mates MGR V8.

Also think I've found Westfields new engine supplier. 

20231007_153943.jpg

20231007_173951.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Don't forget there are other options other than a Carcoon!

https://airflow-uk.com/product/car-airchamber

I'll see what Carcoon have to say to my enquiry and take it from there, I could just get a gazebo type thing but that does not address the humidity build up in cold weather, rusting brake discs and the likes of. I'll see how it goes.

Shropshire gang out today, and blessed with some much needed dry weather!

And I’m now on the road fix number 3 😂 I now call this the god Bolt!!!

Not ideal, and lucky I didn’t right the car off 🥵 Breaks don’t need upgrading just yet!

photo-output.jpeg

IMG_4678.jpeg

• Like 4

On 30/09/2023 at 17:05, Yatesy83 said:

Like this..... trickier because of my exhaust surround..

PXL_20230930_160451532.jpg

Love the Westfield side decals, where did you get those from?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, James may said:

And I’m now on the road fix number 3 😂 I now call this the god Bolt!!!

what type and grade of bolt are you using, there's no way they should just be snapping without their being an underlying issue, either with the type of bolts, or the clamp itself.

(please tell me they're not stainless steel!)

Make sure the UJ is the right size for the shaft and you're not over tightening the bolt to get it tight on the shaft. As Dave said do not use SS.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

(please tell me they're not stainless steel!)

Not quite sure what was on there before.

I’m waiting on Westfield to come back to me as I’m passing them next week, I’ve popped on a temporary bolt.

definitely want to make sure I’ve got the right fitting.

• Like 2