Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

On 20/09/2023 at 17:28, itsagoodalife said:

That looks so much better … it really does finish off the body … great work 👊🏼

Looks a  very tidy  job  

2 hours ago, Chris Larner said:

Nice. What does the one behind the exhaust look like.  Was thinking of the same ones in black.

Like this..... trickier because of my exhaust surround..

PXL_20230930_160451532.jpg

• Like 7

Nice we’re they custom made or bought online somewhere

Slight technical hick up. Throttle stuck open due to a frayed accelorator cable. Glad it was on a long stretch of A road not the twistys later in the day. Big thanks to th AA guy who got me underway. Lack of tools prevented me from using my choke cable to sort it. 

Sore this morning after 278miles in the seat yesterday

20230930_091844.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

It's surprising who/what you find at your local car museum on a Friday evening. The beautiful red Westfield is what was Andy and Ann's car, it now belongs to Kevin? a new WSCC member who we hope to see more of in the Peak District. Hope you got home ok in the pitch black, doesn't it go dark early now?

DSC03703.jpg

DSC03706.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, scott_prelit now westfield_bumble said:

Slight technical hick up. Throttle stuck open due to a frayed accelorator cable. Glad it was on a long stretch of A road not the twistys later in the day. Big thanks to th AA guy who got me underway. Lack of tools prevented me from using my choke cable to sort it. 

Sore this morning after 278miles in the seat yesterday

20230930_091844.jpg

Been caught out a few times with that ( although mine snapped), ended up fitting two cables instead of the one it came with. Even with two I carry a spare in the boot - once bitten and all that...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Been caught out a few times with that ( although mine snapped), ended up fitting two cables instead of the one it came with. Even with two I carry a spare in the boot - once bitten and all that...

Happened to me more than once with my old Tiger. Rang a mechanic mate one time and he said just got to Halfords and get a bicycle brake cable. 20 mins later I was back on the road. Halfords, very useful if you can find one these days. 

58 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Happened to me more than once with my old Tiger. Rang a mechanic mate one time and he said just got to Halfords and get a bicycle brake cable. 20 mins later I was back on the road. Halfords, very useful if you can find one these days. 

The very first time mine snapped, I was lucky and had a pair of walking boots in the boot, both laces from those tied together were just long enough to pull, but don't fasten the rear of the bonnet down or it won't work, lol. Second time was a spare I carried on board, and that was the final straw, two cables it was, not quite clutch cable thickness but far bigger than pushbike stuff. Been ok ( cross fingers) for 8 or 9 years ish so far.

• Like 1

Tucked away after a nice trip down to Bridport for the Dorset area meet.

IMG_2708.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

Tucked away after a nice trip down to Bridport for the Dorset area meet.

IMG_2708.jpeg

Oh a carcoon, are they any good?, I think one would be useful to me. Any idea of running costs as I assume the pump needs to top up the room at times?.

4 hours ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Oh a carcoon, are they any good?, I think one would be useful to me. Any idea of running costs as I assume the pump needs to top up the room at times?.

Running costs are very low; £10 a year according to this.

The fans run constantly to keep the air circulating within the bubble. When you first put the car in, if it is wet you open the vent on the back end of the bubble and the fans then go into a higher powered drying mode. Once dry, you close the vent and they reduce speed just to keep the circulation going.

The Carcoon also comes with a trickle charger to keep the battery topped up which I always use. I believe that if the power goes, the fans run off the battery until the power is restored. They are very low power so don’t drain the battery.

https://www.carcoon.com/faq/

IMG_2712.jpeg

• Thanks 1