On the road now and having fun

Gary Taylor

So thought I had better move over here as now the cars on the road our adventures aren’t really for tech talk

So day two and another lovely day out, left Home in blustery weather overcast and some looming clouds some sunny spells went out over the lecht to corgarf where the braemar road was shut so did a loop around strathdon down to braemar and on to glenshee then backtracked Home , had a great day and avoided the rain ( always a bonus)

Bring on the holibobs next week :d

9168031D-63C6-404A-9996-DB842DE2C9E8.jpeg

DA56C611-8127-4E11-ADB6-714F3738797E.jpeg

4B343B2D-B0BB-4C4A-A708-3F06D5916A25.jpeg

9EB6A9B8-7CE5-402B-8125-CED80C6042B0.jpeg

223B88D8-65FB-45BE-9808-1B7170525769.jpeg

4A770A13-9F9B-4E79-B669-74F0D91E1986.jpeg

A981F7E2-51D8-44E4-9089-FED3BC53D2BA.jpeg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

The envy of this thread is very strong, Gary :d

What makes it worse is we’ve roads and scenery like this in every direction from the town  ...... mmmm which way next  :p

• Sad 1

I could have joined you today Gary, if I had known. It was a wee bit windy though!

My son, James, has just started work at Orton, near Fochabers, so he's driving those roads every day now, just like me. Great, isn't it?

See you on Geoffrey's trip next week.

• Like 1

That's lovely mate, when did you get it?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ali and Gail said:

That's lovely mate, when did you get it?

Thanks , Haha the red one went to Prague and I got this one started but unfinished in a bit of a state back in October totally redone and finished passed iva 3 weeks ago and got the registration last Friday so last weekend we did around 300 miles enjoying her and looking forward to our holiday in her

48 minutes ago, Garyt said:

Thanks , Haha the red one went to Prague and I got this one started but unfinished in a bit of a state back in October totally redone and finished passed iva 3 weeks ago and got the registration last Friday so last weekend we did around 300 miles enjoying her and looking forward to our holiday in her

Owe, fair play mate. I hope this trips less eventful if you know what i mean. 

• Thanks 1

So here we go with this years main holibobs :d so that’s the car all washed polished and packed ready for our holiday, Trina lending a hand too
Leaving Sunday morning as we head off to tour Scotland’s west coast
Our rough itinerary if anyone wishes to join us for a bit
Sunday down to the kelpies and Falkirk wheel to meet up with Geoffrey and Terry then on to glencoe
Monday around glencoe and ardnamuchan and mallaig 
Tuesday upto glenelg for the ferry to Skye back over the bridge over applecross to gairloch
Wednesday up to Durness 
Thursday around Durness 
Friday over to orkney for the weekend 
Monday down to strathpeffer 
Tuesday down to Killin 
Wednesday around Killin 
Thursday back north to Dufftown 
Please note we are touring and sightseeing so it’s nice and easy

6EB56961-BE72-4950-AF73-EECF5E26E798.jpeg

0C8C2769-86AB-4314-8456-FB2D52114613.jpeg

• Like 4

Car looking great. Enjoy your holiday tour. Currently in "the borders" after visiting Outer Hebrides via Skye. Sure you're used to it, but keep your eyes peeled for potholes, some of the roads (irrespective of type) we've been on have been rough as b-----y! I'm amazed only the badge has dropped off the grill on our motorhome! Some great Westfield roads though, look forward to updates.

• Thanks 1

Good luck on the trip everyone. I'm planning to join you on Tuesday, and looking at Geoffreys route map, I could meet you at the Commando memorial at Spean Bridge if you let me know a rough time. I'll leave you at Gairloch at the end of the day, and then I'll join you again the following Tuesday for part of your run down through the Cairngorms to Killin.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, David-hrv said:

Good luck on the trip everyone. I'm planning to join you on Tuesday, and looking at Geoffreys route map, I could meet you at the Commando memorial at Spean Bridge if you let me know a rough time. I'll leave you at Gairloch at the end of the day, and then I'll join you again the following Tuesday for part of your run down through the Cairngorms to Killin.

Ok will give you a call Monday night, look forward to seeing you