Carbs to Throttle bodies cost

MarkS2

Have been seriously considering the danST kit didn't know it came with injectors but can't find any reviews of the kit on an XE, or whether the omex kit is worth the extra or not.

4200 surley he's having a laugh you can buy a pair of 45 throttle bodies (as you already have the manifold) for less than £500 and ecu for no more than 1k and pump and swirl pot for £100 so lets put another £100 for incidentals so thats £1700 if you have a megajolt you have all the sensors for the ignition so the max this should cost you all in is about £2700 IMHO

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I have DanST inlet manifold, DanST backplate and trumpets, GSXR 1000 throttle bodies and hayabusa injectors. I originally used a fairly old MBE ECU and made 185bhp. 

You can buy a complete kit from DanST with new ECU for (as above) about £1600  a swirl pot set up with a hp pump alongside your current lp one will set you back less than £200 depending on pump. Mapping will be £300 ish  

You don’t need to spend £4K :)

Thanks guys, this is sounding good.

Chris is your kit on an XE or zetec?

Go DTA and use std vauxhall injectors . Then you will be able to pickup a std dta map and save a good chunk of money on initial  mapping.

I really would prefer a kit with everything I need like the danST / Omex , but you guys have me thinking maybe I should have a look at sourcing stuff separately.

Btw

@Arm did you see my pm?

with what you have this is a very easy conversion and easy for you to make up your own list of parts when you get an ecu it should have a base map which will get your engine started so you can go and have it tuned, you could also go along to your rolling road and see what ecu they recommend then buy that form them and do the rest yourself  the hardest bit will be wiring in the ECU but that won't be difficult as you have all the sensors apart form a temperature sensor

This all sounds very positive guys was very disheartened when i posted this thread, but now maybe doable for a realistic figure.

Another good point you made about me having the manifold already.

Any garage recommendations around the north west to do this if I sourced the parts don't mind travelling further if I need to as my trusted garage is too busy to take this on and the other place I have called has this huge quotation !

I don't think this is something I could do myself.

another consideration you won't really need 45 throttle bodies 40's should be more than capable as you may know your carbs will be choked down and throttle bodies are free flowing 

If you want a set of Fireblade throttle bodies with injectors and loom I have a set you can have for pennies. I also live near Ric Woods place and am currently converting my car to run on Jenveys.

Thanks Dave, will do some more research and decide what I am gonna do most appreciated.

What is the benefit of you moving to jenveys over the bike setup?

I am ultimately after better driveability i.e. throttle response and easier cold starting

When we converted @Captain Colonial s car from Webers to injection, it took at least 25man hours just over the weekend, plus plenty more in preparation. You could easily be charged 30hours at £40 plus VAT for the conversion, so although £1500 sounds a lot at first, for a quality job, it probably isn't. Of course, most of us here would go DIY and hence you can save a huge amount potentially.

For DIY, bike throttles are fantastic, but if paying for all of the work, best to discuss your options with the garage really.

• Like 2