13" Tyre choice

Scotty72

On 30/09/2017 at 10:26, Kit Car Electronics said:

Expensive, but maybe Yoko AO21 would suit you? I think they're available in 205/60 and 185/60/13?

Another one for these, fab tyres!  Use them as my "road tyre", but have done both wet and dry track days, excellent in any condition to be fair and seem to be lasting well.

I'm currently running 205/60/13 on all 4 corners. Will going down to 185 make much difference?

Depends what you use it for. 

It'll also lower the car about 7mm. 

18 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

I'm currently running 205/60/13 on all 4 corners. Will going down to 185 make much difference?

I did the same, but didn't like the shorter gearing, so kept 185 on front but returned the back to 205- something else to consider

edit 12mm.....

You'd gain 4.35% speedo error too. So 60mph = 60mph on your current set up. On 185's 60mph = 57.8mph. 

Crikey! So much to consider. Car is booked in with Blink for full geo setup / ride height and corner weighting so need to make my mind up quick. Car is mostly used on the road with occasional trackdays.

Best option is 2 sets of wheels.   1 x 13"set for the dry tracks wrapped in R888 /R888R/ AO48/ NS2R, whatever your choice is

AND                                                  1 X set of 15" wheels for the road and wet tracks wrapped in normal road tyres/R1R's/AO21.

My choice is  13" wheels with R888R.      15" wheels with R1R,   covers all conditions in my opinion.

I've got 2 set's of 13" wheels.

1 set with Avon ZZR's for the dry track and 1 set with Avon ZZS for the road / damp track. Should have all bases covered except torrential rain / standing water.

I'm using 205/60-13 Toyo RA1's on the street and wet track and have a second set of 10" wide 13" wheels set up with Avon slicks for dry track use. I'm very pleased with the way they work.

dave

For the wet the softest tyre you can get your hands on with grooves in is what you need. Avon CR28 are well renowned wet tyres http://www.avonmotorsport.com/road-legal/performance/cr28-sport

I'm going to get a set of 15" with R1R's for road use. Will the offset be the same as my 13" rims? Are there any Markings on Team Dynamics wheels which tell you this info or will I need to remove and measure?

Anyone recommend where to get the pro race 1.2 wheels and tyres from? (cheapest).