Squeaky Spanners Euro Tour 2017

Terryathome

First day from home to just south of Bristol. B&B is ok, nice guy let us park the cars round the back behind some gates.

Nothing to report just a nice drive down the middle of Wales then across the second Severn Bridge. Mind you @marcusb got a bit close to a tractor.

Day 2.

Full breakfast and a hot mug of coffee to start the day.

Short run of just over 107 miles to the Plymouth ferry terminal. Part M5 then over the moors to drop down into Plymouth.

Weathers looking good.

1st problem for @Terryathome. Exhaust mount broke, took more time to get the cable ties out of the boot than fix it. All good to go.

Anybody know part number?

Barberbodgeit Ltd

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

I'm in Plymouth at work tonight. I will bring mine in for you to use if you want it as I'm waiting for registration on 1st September so won't be needing it. I'll PM you my mobile number so you can arrange collection if required. John

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'm in Plymouth at work tonight. I will bring mine in for you to use if you want it as I'm waiting for registration on 1st September so won't be needing it. I'll PM you my mobile number so you can arrange collection if required. John

John many thanks for the offer but I'm on the boat now half cut. Offer much appreciated though.

Will hopefully find mount in Spain. Could have worded that a bit better but that's what the beers does to some Westy owners. Anyway how hard can it be?

Trouble with travelling with a dodgy looking yob is you get delayed a lot :-/

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

OK in my defence he came over all friendly and when he asked me to get out of the car I thought here we go. Another little Hitler hmmm@marcusb

If it helps, this is what's on the packaging of the spares I got to do the France trip.

image.jpg

if you have no luck getting one from a local supplier, let me know the postal address of one of your way points and I could always post one of my spares out to you...

13 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

If it helps, this is what's on the packaging of the spares I got to do the France trip.

image.jpg

if you have no luck getting one from a local supplier, let me know the postal address of one of your way points and I could always post one of my spares out to you...

Dave, thanks for the offer will see how I get on when we land in Spain. Top Gear quote  "how hard can it be" lol

• Haha 1

No problem Terry hope you both have a great trip. John

Day 3

Still on the boat, about 4 hours to go till we dock around the 12 o'clock mark at Santander. Our destination is Pamplona today, you know where they let loose a load of bulls and they chase the men folk in the streets.

Can't remember how far to Pamplona but on all our routes we have planned 3 routes using Tyre route planner. All the routes are in our satnavs so on the day we just have to decide which route. Marcus has printed them all out and today we are offering Nakki  and Caroline the chance to pick which route.

26 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Fix exhaust bobbin - Borrow a drill, drill the rubber and put a bolt throgh. :t-up:

Cable ties are holding up just fine so no need to adjust yet. To be honest I bet they last the whole 2 weeks. If we pass exhaust place I'll call in but for now it will do.

Thanks for the suggestion.