• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Thought Game – what would you have done…

John K

I totally lost it at the Chaperone Monkey when he racked the pump action...

How do I get one of these in my life..?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 11:15, IanK said:

Watch this for an example of some of the 'tools' we share the road with.http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/video-dashcam-footage-captures-bmw-driver-cutting-up-motorist-and-then-punching-victim/story-30387523-detail/story.html 

The incident above was all at low speed! Imagine what's he would have done at higher speeds?

You've only got one life, so you need to do your best to protect it as plenty of others won't! Defense driving may be boring but if it keeps you alive to enjoy open roads and other things, it's worthwhile! I was taught to assume everyone that uses the road (that includes pedestrians, cyclists etc) are idiots and not many prove otherwise!

these things dont show all that happened before the video clip , who knows the Clio hadn't been the tit in the first place and wound the BM up forcing him into the wrong lane ??? 

it happens a lot :t-up:

• Like 1

Bernie does make a good point (damn him) If the Clio driver was awake he should have noticed the Beemer mounting the kerb on the left. 

I would then thought 'hello, he's a bit p******** off' and done an emergency right turn at the junction - yes against the flow, but it was pretty urgent.

Non of the above excuses physical violence - although I may have wished it on many others - but it does seem like the Clio driver was in a world of his own and you have no idea how annoying he might have been in the last 10 minutes.

And when folk do decend into the world of their own - it can't be underestimated how oblivious they can be.

On a road into Brum I saw a C180 estate driver manage to block a police Rangy with full blues and twos going. He sat like a tit for a minute in front of it - with the Rangys grill mounted lights going at the same level as his back window. Just ambled on for half a mile.

And this was the day after the Borough Market attack - so the police could have been responding to anything...

On 6/14/2017 at 11:46, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Citroen AX, never doing more than 40 even in the very clear, straight sections - the whole road was national speed limit, tighter bends, he'd be below twenty.

Both had been behind him for fifteen minutes or so, that I knew of and were getting increasingly frustrated, starting to try and encourage him along by their road positioning and driving style. On one short straight, the car immediately behind him finally got past, in a very aggressive overtaking manoeuvre,

The next car along then carries on the tailgating and "hurrying" manor for another mile, before pulling off another highly aggressive overtake.

Sorry to read you had to pay for an idiot's actions.

I wonder if the clown in the AX had previously pulled across the lane to prevent overtaking;  so the overtaking cars made aggressive lane change manoeuvres thus giving the AX clown no time to perform his blocking action.

If the AX pulled across when the cars were level he would hit the nearside of the overtaking car and all would be witnessed by the cars behind. The AX driver would be at fault by making a lane change when unsafe to do so--ie. Mirror, signal, manoeuvre.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course.

I have come across the AX type before who have the attitude 'none shall pass' with a warped mindset that says I, the AX driver, am a great driver and if I can only go at 40mph then nobody else should exceed that. Bonkers.

Dad always used to say assume all are idiots. He was especially wary of those driving whilst wearing a hat, in a tintop, as he was sure there was insufficient neural activity to keep the head warm; hence the hat.

22 minutes ago, dpeffers said:

Sorry to read you had to pay for an idiot's actions.

I wonder if the clown in the AX had previously pulled across the lane to prevent overtaking;  so the overtaking cars made aggressive lane change manoeuvres thus giving the AX clown no time to perform his blocking action.

If the AX pulled across when the cars were level he would hit the nearside of the overtaking car and all would be witnessed by the cars behind. The AX driver would be at fault by making a lane change when unsafe to do so--ie. Mirror, signal, manoeuvre.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course.

I have come across the AX type before who have the attitude 'none shall pass' with a warped mindset that says I, the AX driver, am a great driver and if I can only go at 40mph then nobody else should exceed that. Bonkers.

Dad always used to say assume all are idiots. He was especially wary of those driving whilst wearing a hat, in a tintop, as he was sure there was insufficient neural activity to keep the head warm; hence the hat.

Always assumed everyone else is an idiot, amazing the number of times I've been proved right.

DashCam on my'n and Mrs car now, just far to many of the idiots around.

Must admit there have been a few times I have thought a big Toyota Land Cruiser with an RSJ across the front would be a great idea, could ensure said idiots life span is a bit shorter :o

• Like 1