Track Day WSCC Blyton Sprint 2017 - 7th July 2017

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

17 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Yes as you can see from Andrew's pic it was peeing out! Very odd as it didn't happen all the time (I assume this otherwise I'd have never done more than one lap!)

CK Blyton.jpg

Chris, it was coming out every lap that i saw you go past on that corner, yours wasn't the only car but it was the worse one, the other one i didn't see getting a black flag though, maybe because nobody stopped to tell the "fat controller" at the pit lane about him/her unlike they did for you.

Thanks for the info Ian, I did tighten up the cap and (much later) the hose clips. So hopefully it's sorted. Will attach my GoPro to a suitable angle and keep an eye on it next blat.

• Like 1

Fat controller  :)....lol

We should ask the fat controller to deliver this track briefing next time... it might be shorter :bangshead:?.. the guy next to me had to leave to have another shave before the end of the briefing. 

• Like 8

For next year, can we make this change to the circuit? I found it quite exciting...

Blyton_Oops.png.57dd5cefa25ffeedc722bfb9cf1ca829.png

I may have been distracted by a black car popping a pretty little flame as it let me by, then realised the corner had arrived :d

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Dommo said:

For next year, can we make this change to the circuit? I found it quite exciting...

Blyton_Oops.png.57dd5cefa25ffeedc722bfb9cf1ca829.png

I may have been distracted by a black car popping a pretty little flame as it let me by, then realised the corner had arrived :d

It's a good job someone moved that big heap of bales. I nearly did something similar, after an orange car let me by.. thankyou very much thinks I,.. cheery wave.. and then oh sh...... corner!  I imagine orange car driver had a titter to himself. :-) (See video one above somewhere..)

There was a point where i wish id have gone that route. Would have saved some embarasement of passing 2-3 cars and 20 seconds later be facing the wrong way looking at the cars id just over taken. Made even worse by the fact i had adam in the car at the time 

This was my first Blyton track day and weekend and I had a great time. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the driving, much thanks to Adam for the instruction and guidance - really helped a lot. 

Bbq was great on Sat eve and the meal with everyone on the Friday also 

Thanks to Panda for organising and I will be back next year to help out more. 

• Like 1

I concur with Ian's comments above, it was my first Blyton and I thoroughly enjoyed it too. Great club spirit.

12 hours ago, Trevturtle said:

Fat controller  :)....lol

We should ask the fat controller to deliver this track briefing next time... is might be shorter :bangshead:?.. the guy next to me had to leave to have another shave before the end of the briefing. 

Was not there but have been to blyton on a smilar gig with the SXOC...My god its long...then grouped sightiing laps. Dont think we got going till about 1045.

Couple of videos from me

Eastern Circuit

Outer Circuit with @Marto303 on board

No sound as my external Mic port seems to have given up the ghost

• Like 2

No sound as my external Mic port seems to have given up the ghost

You should have dubbed in a sound track.. brrrrrraaaaaaap  tsshhh braaaaaaaa.. etc etc :)

• Like 1

DSC_6768-800x533.JPG

DSC_6769-800x533.JPG

DSC_6762-800x533.JPG

DSC_6763-800x533.JPG

DSC_6765-800x533.JPG

DSC_6750-800x533.JPG

DSC_6753-800x533.JPG

DSC_6755_1-800x533.JPG

DSC_6758-800x533.JPG

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

You should have dubbed in a sound track.. brrrrrraaaaaaap  tsshhh braaaaaaaa.. etc etc :)

:laugh:

Actually, I think I prefer the silence, you can't tell when I am lifting off and coasting before applying the brakes :d:d

The "Blyton Special" in progress @ 23.40 on Thursday :laugh:

IMG_0241.JPG

• Like 3

Gary I see we have two photos of our cars  under the shelter I like the side view , thanks trevturtle:yes:

• Like 1