Aerorace radiator ducting

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

He didnt leave me alone in his garage long enough today for me to nick it. Looks really smart. Since I dont have rad bolts to secure it, I would have to epoxy it into the nose somehow, so decided not to nick it. Car is looking great though, Tom. :t-up::black-westy::black-westy: 

• Like 1

Thanks mate, if I have enough time tomorrow, I should have the car back together :t-up:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
14 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Bit of a thread resurrection as I’m thinking of adding ducting. 

Anyone got that pdf template mentioned earlier?

@TableLeg @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO @RussH ?

Sorry Chris,

I custom made mine from scratch. Started with cardboard then transferred shapes to aluminium.

Sorry Chris, not a clue where i'd have put it.

No worries. Not urgent as temps are spot on even on track - but figure it won’t hurt 😁

Maybe you could make it out of smashed up carbon fibre - I know you’ve got plenty

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RussH said:

Maybe you could make it out of smashed up carbon fibre - I know you’ve got plenty

Ouch!

10 minutes ago, RussH said:

🤣 good idea - but wrong shape

10 minutes ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Ouch!

Conclusive proof that big head fasteners aren’t strong enough for cycle wings....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussH said:

Conclusive proof that big head fasteners aren’t strong enough for cycle wings....

Yes - even though they were bonded with the recommended vuduglue and glassed over, sadly I found out the expensive way!

Seen the end results of it happening many times before, and no doubt will again.

On a track car especially, i think you're just playing Russian Roulette with bonding only, every trip. Your number may never come up, it's true, but too many do.

3 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Yes - even though they were bonded with the recommended vuduglue and glassed over, sadly I found out the expensive way!

Been there and got the t-shirt 

1 hour ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

Been there and got the t-shirt 

Lightning strikes twice!

That's the exact same wing, with truth in what Dave says about it being roulette as that's a cool down lap. Stayed on at 140+, falls off around 70.

It's bolted down now.

Anyone want to buy some big heads? I'm thinking bolts don't look so bad after all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.