New Boardroom.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

1 hour ago, Mark Wendon (smokey mow) - WSCC Club Secretary said:

Yep, I've checked by logging on as a forum member and it doesn't appear for me, so it looks like it's just set for Admin. 

No idea how to change it though :d

The "source" button is a way to view HTML source code, which is not quite the same as BB Code. We don't want general control of HTML to be honest as that can mess things up if you don't know what you are doing - hence why it's a restricted feature. BB Code allows the use of HTML-like tags that are "safer" to use, so open to the general populace.

The Editor that is used is called CK Editor (no relation!) and I'm familiar with it from a developer viewpoint. So we will be able to add in enhancements and features (like extra tools) at some point. Patience though as there's a lot going on all at once here - but I'm happy to add in these extra features where possible, acceptable and practical. Not 100% sure if BB Code is available for CK Editor - but will look.

Seems to work.

Its a shame the the BB code isnt support anymore for those that know it, however to be honest the wysiwyg editor seems more robust at which point you wonder if you need it. I'm certainly not about to start learning html.

On my screens at least the contrast is lousy in terms of being able to distinguish posts, they basically just run into each other as a stack of text on an otherwise white page. Unless I squint and view the monitors at about 45degrees. Can we improve that?

Plans to re-add the member map?

Daniel

I'm not specifically interested in the BB code, but I'm the type who used WordPerfect with the codes revealed for ages, and still writes html in notepad ;)

Apologies if I've missed it, but is there an "idiots guide" to what's what in the new format?

Testing ... learning my way.. used to love the latest content button before.. but will soon get used to this

IMG_4355.JPG

Photo upload is a lot easier... will the site not get full! Liking that..   

12 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Latest content is still there - and more - check out "Activity" tab at the top

Shows list of every post or every unread post. Lots of scrolling on phone screen.

No option afaik to show latest thread with post as previous did.

The unread content button provides an excellent snapshot of all the latest posts, and you can click on expanded or condensed details for more or less info on the screen.

plus as Chris said, if you go into streams you can create your own custom stream to show posts in different orders, or based on different criterion, such as threads you follow, or those you've participated in.

Anyone else notice the new Cover Photo option at the top of your profile?

It's on other things too; I've got cover photos on most of my calendar entries now! :d :t-up:

10 hours ago, RussH said:

You have to click on the greyed out button.

On the 'someone comments on something i follow' it's greyed out in the sense that the sliders will not move. I can change the rest of the settings just fine.