Grand Tour

Northwarks

thought it was mostly ok, a few good bits, a few bad bits.  Dying "stars" was just, well, crap, and went on far too long, hypercar testing was predictable, that "American" driving the track was ****. 

If I'm honest the actual top gear series over the past few years has started to bore me, I prefer the specials.

Just watched it, I enjoyed it, original TG at its best. Missus hated it, where she quite enjoyed the new Chris Evans format. Says it all really.

Only issue I have is unending jealously that they get paid to do the nonsense they do! I really, really want that job.

Watched after getting back from Awards, enjoyed it :yes: :yes:

It was OK and entertaining to watch.  The opening sequence was great and must have cost a few quid.  It seems to be getting rave reviews on most of the web but I have to say I was underwhelmed.  There were some good bits, don't get me wrong.  I think most of the excitement was because the old team were back together again.  If you thought the old Clarkson Top Gear was becoming a bit predictable and same old, same old then you may be disappointed with the Grand Tour.  They clearly have a good budget but it is Amazon money so time will tell what influence that has on the show.  I think they may have pulled out all the stops for the first episode (opening sequence + P1, La Ferrari, 918, etc.) since it would be subject to so much scrutiny so lets see what the next few are like before passing judgement.

Overall: Good entertainment but not worth joining Amazon Prime.

yeah it was ok I guess....

not that fussed about watching bits on hypercars to be honest - especially when you skim over stuff and have fairly pointless challenges (excluding the total lap time)

Jay Leno's vids are much better and when it comes to hyper cars I would rather watch Chris Harris doing his reviews in his style

I shall keep watching as it really is too early to judge given that half of the show was setting the stall our for the new format - if its got four wheeled stuff in I am generally easy to please and those guys do have chemistry - let's hope the bulk of scripted stuff is left behind :t-up:

Not sure how much driving the guys actually do - I wonder who drove in the three hypercars drifting scene?

I confess Clegg, it was me, 

I would believe you but they did manage to stay on the black stuff  :d;)

You mean you didnt spot the cable ties and gaffa tape on the back of the P1?

• Like 1

Jay Leno's vids are much better 

Ive been watching Jay Leno's garage prog (Dave hd channel) during the top gear 'interval' lol.. they are pretty good with a nice diverse selection of stuff

Surprised no one has mentioned the language. The beeb wouldn't have allowed the swearing. I wouldn't have been bothered if I hadn't bee watching it with my kids, but I was.

Overall it was back to what we enjoy about TG but just because they are on subscription TV doesn't automatically give them licence to get rid of the swear filter.

Watched it on internet as no prime tv, shame it's a picture in a picture screen unless there is a link somewhere for full size. Oh and again not sure if it's amazon sound quality or YouTube but I thought there voices had all gone down one octave. Overall I enjoyed the show, so let's see how episode 2 is.

The swearing surprised me a bit too but only as it's not normal from them, it wasn't ott in my opinion. If you view on Prime there's a warning about it beforehand and in the blurb, but I guess you don't get that if you watch through another source. You have access to literally every level of TV show/movie in Prime (Breaking Bad for example) so you have to check before sitting down with little ones!