Grand Tour

Northwarks

Well it's out and as a fan of the old TopGear I have to admit I thought they nailed it ... production is bang on, tent works and without giving much away the new track works.

My dilemma is once Christmas is over and the need for Amazon prime goes for another year will I continue to pay the premium...

gonna watch it tonight.

tbh, it's got to be better than that god-awful sh*te Chris Evens tried.

Great reviews from the critics and mixed reviews from PH. It'll be interesting to watch for sure. 

(Not that I will be, I don't have Amazon Prime!)

I'll try and have a watch at some point... I'm sure a quick Google for a dodgy online stream will find it.

Just found it and watched it loved it apart from a couple of bits. Clarksons face when that P1 nearly bit him now that was a picture

Well I watched it. For me, it was a programme of two halves. the segments shot with the cars were very very good, and produced equally as well as TG of old. The links shot in the tent however just didn't do it for me. they appeared too wooden, poorly scripted and a little cringe-worthy.

The American audience were OK but time will tell if other venues have a different audience feel.

Anyway, I'll be watching again next week...

Works better than the "New"  Top Gear.

I'll be watching next week.

Works better than the "New" Top Gear.

I'll be watching next week.

Agreed & better than the old top gear!!!!

Ive just 'dodgily' watched it hmmmmm and thought it cheesy, trying too hard and bit meh in places. The hypercar bit was OK, but hope it gets better. M2 was a nice car and the track would be interesting to find out where it is. Wasnt that taken, if you havent guessed.........but its round one

Track is at RAF Wroughton. Well... RAF science museum surplus storage hangers now.

I've driven the Grand Tour track then... slowly. Walked and cycled it too come to think of it.

I got a little bit bored in the middle but that might just be relative to how well done the rest of it was. It was incredibly well made!

• Like 1

Enjoyed it... they are back.... just a different title  :t-up:

• Like 1

I'm with Craig as well. Great production on the 3 car shootout but the in-tent stuff was a little laboured. BUT... this is episode 1.

I'm hoping we'll be seeing a few more "...and then a challenge arrived" moments in the coming weeks.

• Like 1