The West Coast of Scotland Trip 2017. Dates booked.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

21 hours ago, Garyt said:

Ali if your doing the funicular up cairngorm in the morning ( and you really should) then on heading back towards Aviemore turn right at coylumbridge follow the road through nethybridge to the T junction at the smoke house, turn right around the long left handed and then right onto the Tomintoul road and then follow the route south

One of the reasons we are going via Aviemore is to do the Funiclar on the Tuesday before heading on it Killin. Everyone says it's well worth it and thankyou for the directions and route advice.

• Like 1

The funicular is really nice especially if you get at the front.

last year though my self and Gary where in the cafe at the top with this right "chavy" family. I think they must have been on Shameless at one point. Their language was ..... not fitting... for the area and I bet you could hear them right across Scotland.

• Like 2

I also reckon you will see Garys black smoke long before you hear the whine.....I don't mean his whinging either.

Do you remember last year when we where laying in the road on the Lecht for the "arty shots"

???? Black smoke ????? She doesn't smoke and yes I seem to remember some one prostrate on the road but " arty shots " ?? There were a lot of sheep about ......

25 minutes ago, Garyt said:

There were a lot of sheep about ......

That would explain a lot!

You like sheep then, do you Geoffrey?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, David-hrv said:

That would explain a lot!

You like sheep then, do you Geoffrey?

Well David, I only did it to make you jealous as it's you that I really like.

• Like 1

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Like 1

Got back from 3 days blatting round Snowdonia late yesterday, even more eager for this week to go quick. See some of you Sunday :d

• Like 2

Any news about meeting in Middlesbrough.

just say YES, as I know you want too. 

It's all go at the mo, cleaned the car and now off to Bristol as going on the Flying Scotsman in the morning for a day trip, very excited.

I need to speak to my dad and see how my mum is as she has Dementia if ok and weathers good will be going via them at Chorley, then into Lake District so will more than likely meet you at Kielder Forest. I still need to sort this last bit out @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO. Will let you know latest Wednesday mate. :d

@Ali Jones I will be at Alston around 12 noon and at Kielder around 12.45.

At Alston I will just be stopping for fuel and a cup of tea or may get a cup of tea at Kielder. 

Alston is a good meeting place though as its very handy with plenty of parking etc.

At Kielder you car is out of sight if you want a drink plus you have to pay for parking.

Hi Marcus.

Thanks for that and its very much appreciated.

Looking forward to going as only done less than 100 miles since last November and it will be good to just relax and get some miles in.

Lets just hope we get the weather but no matter what happens it will be another great adventure.

• Like 2