Knockhill trackday Friday Sep 30th

Andrew

Blue in front Green at the back, sounds about right. ;-)

I think they're arranged in order of engine power.  :t-up:

It's a shame there's not a tow truck icon.  :p

What's the weather going to do? Not looking entirely dry.. or entirely wet? BBC's showing the best forecast so far.  :yes:

Well. We saw some rain .. and then it dried out for the afternoon. Overall I enjoyed the day.. circuit was actually quite grippy in the wet, and when it dries out it's fantastic.

Quite a few racers getting some testing in though, and was held up several times when they just wouldn't move over. Last session was a corker though. Half a doz clear laps when I don't think I saw another car, right up to the chequered flag. :yes: 

Will get some vids up at some point.. :t-up: 

• Like 1

Some vid eee o's.  :)

First one, chasing Mike in the blue VX car, up until he decided to try the reverse circuit.  ;)

Second one, a bit of fun with a big Nissan and even more fun keeping a 620R in my sights. (with a bit of gentlemanly behavior at the chicane with Terry.. after you.. no.. after you.. ) 

And the third one at the end of the day, turned the camera round, unfortunately it didn't make it to the end of the session.. a few high speed parade laps? ;-)

• Like 3

Superb. Love the sound track too. :yes:

Considering you drove the car to the circuit, you were going well there. I think I was consciously trying to keep it at about 90% in the wet knowing (or hoping at the time..) we were going to see some dry track. Would have hated to bin it in the first session then watch everyone playing in the sunshine. I still managed to go straight on at the first corner though, and utilised that bit of green escape road.  :(

Have you seen Greig's 620R having a lucky escape?

• Like 2

Love the sound track too. :yes:

I placed a remote mic just behind the throttle bodies. It certainly catches the induction noise. Unfortunately I was not able to use it all of the day due to water ingress.

It was a great day even though my clutch cable snapped in the last half hour. But a big thank you to Mr Steve Lee who took the cable off of his car to lend to me so I could drive home.

Video from the afternoon session...

• Like 2

I placed a remote mic just behind the throttle bodies. It certainly catches the induction noise. Unfortunately I was not able to use it all of the day due to water ingress.

It was a great day even though my clutch cable snapped in the last half hour. But a big thank you to Mr Steve Lee who took the cable off of his car to lend to me so I could drive home.

Video from the afternoon session...

Some great GTR bullying there! :laugh:  I was chasing the white one in the last session, unfortunately with a dead camera pointing backwards.. but not only can you smell the fumes and see the flames..  the heat from cooling 700bhp was very noticeable too! :) 

Some great GTR bullying there! :laugh:

There is a certain sense of satisfaction when it conceeds to a car I made in my garage. The white Cayman GT4 took a couple of laps to move over as well.

I viewed footage and commentry taken from the maroon GTR. Its a bit scary to know how little idea the guys in it had about track driving. They dont seem to know what any of the flags mean and also to think that everyone should just get out of their way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsstlak-4Fg

Thanks Terry for the link to the photos!