Buckmore Park Karting

Kevin (Mr T)

At the recent Woodbridge track day there was some discussion about trying karting.

The preference was to run in an enduro event, entering one or two 6 man teams.

I have looked at Rye House and they seem to favour one hour events, so they are ruled out.

Buckmore Park, however, run both three and six hour enduro series, which accept one off entries.

Three hour events are £299 per team (£50 per head assuming six drivers), or £420 per team for the six hour event (£70 per head). Both include a 30 minute practice/qualifying before the race itself.

Next available 6 hour is 28th August and 3 hour is 17th September.

I have raced there a few times and it is a fast, challenging circuit, a lot of fun and not that bad to get to.

At this stage, we need to decide if there is enough interest, as the places do seem to get taken up well in advance.

For what it is worth, my preference would be the six hour race.

What do we think?

• Like 1

I'm up for either :t-up:

Yep, up for that - September date suites me better.

Me, me, me...  ME.. ME.. yup, definitely me. Err, for sure, me. I'm in, yup absolutely me. I'll be there. Either is fine. Just let me know and I'll be there. Did I say... ME!

• Like 1

I'm up for either,but is 6 hour's a little to long?

Nope!  :)

5 would be enough for a 3 hour race, but the 6th spot is there for the taking

I'd have definitely been up for this but can't make either date unfortunately :(

I'd have definitely been up for this but can't make either date unfortunately :(

Likewise, love a bit of karting but I have plans on both dates already unfortunately.

Can't believe it, I don't plan anything three weeks ahead, never mind three months!

Can't believe it, I don't plan anything three weeks ahead, never mind three months!

Lucky you!!  My wife has all my weekends booked until October!!

• Like 1

Humph, seems like too many Westfield drives don't wear the trousers in their house!!

(what dear... nothing dear... no don't read that dear.... damn!)

:d

• Like 1

I'm in a well defined democracy here and either of us wear trousers. In other words, I've permission to join in if you'll have me. Six hours would be fine for me.

Kelly

I'm in a well defined democracy here and either of us wear trousers. In other words, I've permission to join in if you'll have me. Six hours would be fine for me.

Kelly

No exclusions as far as I am concerned. Men wearing trousers, women wearing trousers and cross dressers, all welcome.

So that would make six.

Can we just confirm which of the dates can definitely be made, with an indication of preference. So 28/08 for 6 hours or 17/09 for 3 hours and if, like me, you can do both, please say so, as it will make it easier to tie things up. We can then confirm and I will book it on the basis that I trust everyone when it comes to paying money!