TRACKDAY - Bedford Mon 9th May

Howsafe Workwear and Safety Equipment

If you fancy a shakedown at Rockingham ahead of Bedford I think I will go to the evening track session on Friday 6th May.

If you fancy a shakedown at Rockingham ahead of Bedford I think I will go to the evening track session on Friday 6th May.

Watch out for Rockingham's noise limits. The days vary from 98db through to 105db. (Some are 102 0r 103?)  May 6th is a 98db one.  :oops:

Was that round the oval circuit Clark? A few years ago I did, I think, a Bookatrack day at Rockingham. In the briefing we were told if we outbraked ourselves at the hairpin we could go all the way round the oval to re-join. Wish I had!  :laugh:

No it was the same track they use for track days (bit of the oval and the rest infield) - I did however on the same day drive an articulated lorry around the full oval :-)

No it was the same track they use for track days (bit of the oval and the rest infield) - I did however on the same day drive an articulated lorry around the full oval :-)

Oh, you big trucker you!  :laugh:

Gary,

I don't want to be a doom merchant but I was chucked off Bedford after half a dozen laps for busting the drive by noise (2 Litre Zetec on 40's with std Westfield exhaust).  I passed the static easily at 94ish but the drive by is harsh and a side exit exhaust is bad news.  They didn't give me a second chance - I was ejected and wasted my money.

I have made a 'T' piece bolt on silencer with DB killers inside for the exhaust of my current Duratec Westfield after getting busted for drive by noise at Silverstone.  It deflects the sound up and down rather than sideways and it seems quite effective.  I am in the US ATM so can't include any pics but can send you some when I get back home.

Simon.

Gary,

I don't want to be a doom merchant but I was chucked off Bedford after half a dozen laps for busting the drive by noise (2 Litre Zetec on 40's with std Westfield exhaust).  I passed the static easily at 94ish but the drive by is harsh and a side exit exhaust is bad news.  They didn't give me a second chance - I was ejected and wasted my money.

I have made a 'T' piece bolt on silencer with DB killers inside for the exhaust of my current Duratec Westfield after getting busted for drive by noise at Silverstone.  It deflects the sound up and down rather than sideways and it seems quite effective.  I am in the US ATM so can't include any pics but can send you some when I get back home.

Simon.

Thanks Simon - Exactly why I have not booked it!

I would be interested in seeing some photos and detail of your additional silencing arrangement when you get back.

you could turn the pipe out of the end of the exhaust can and angle it under the car

you could turn the pipe out of the end of the exhaust can and angle it under the car

Not sure that is a good idea with the foot long flames that appear at times  :d

Not sure that is a good idea with the foot long flames that appear at times  :d

Angle it straight up, and tell your passengers to keep their elbows in?  :oops:  :getmecoat:

Nice one m8 - will be worth checking a few YouTube vids of the GT track - I shall

I've done it before Clark, it's fairly easy to learn considering its length (that's what she said)

• Like 1

I live 5 miles from Bedford Autodrome but i do t think my Seight will pass their noise tests somehow which is a shame!! Suppose i should invest in some track day mufflers!!

• Like 1

I live 5 miles from Bedford Autodrome but i do t think my Seight will pass their noise tests somehow which is a shame!! Suppose i should invest in some track day mufflers!!

still time :t-up: