TRACKDAY - Bedford Mon 9th May

Howsafe Workwear and Safety Equipment

Ccn't make Monday as travelling back from Germany but I am at Donnington on the Wednesday with Circuit days

I might be up for this, would be good to get some seat time & set up the car properly. Will check work diary.

They can test before the event if you wanted?

I am not worried about the static test, as I think it will pass that fine.

It is the driveby that worries me, they cant test that until you are out there really can they. I dont want to pay £150 for a couple of laps and then a black flag!

• Like 1

They won't just kick you off, they'll show you a 'noise' board first, then all you have to do is lift past the mics or change gear there instead of before or after - most of the mics are conveniently placed for a gear change :d

101 static

87.5 drive by

It will pass the static, its the drive by that worries me

What side of the track are the drive by meters?

Left hand side IIRC. They are fairly obvious though if you need to lift...

There's at least four meters and they are on both sides.  They will give a noise board if you are marginal but if you fully ping the limit there's good odds you will be going home with no second chances.

OT and not trying to de-rail this thread but why people flock to the dullest circuit in the country is still a mystery to me      :getmecoat: .

Not dull to me, have been a few times and really enjoy it. Good value, never too much traffic as it spreads out, long track with good combination of long straights and twisty sections, and it's only 40 mins from home.

How recently have you been there and got kicked off Steve?

Never actually been kicked off (my car wouldn't even pass the static!) but have worked there for various TDOs over the years.

Tough to argue about the 40 minute trip but most punters drive past much better tracks to get there which is a shame in my view.

There's at least four meters and they are on both sides. They will give a noise board if you are marginal but if you fully ping the limit there's good odds you will be going home with no second chances.

OT and not trying to de-rail this thread but why people flock to the dullest circuit in the country is still a mystery to me :getmecoat: .

This is what I have heard, almost zero tolerance which is why I am asking.

Never actually been kicked off (my car wouldn't even pass the static!) but have worked there for various TDOs over the years.

Tough to argue about the 40 minute trip but most punters drive past much better tracks to get there which is a shame in my view.

I have never been on the circuit so have no experience of it. It is also fairly local to me which is some of the appeal.

Where else is there then Steve, as I think I would only drive by one to get there, and that one is expensive as a rule!

In the midlands you've got Rockingham, Silverstone, Mallory, all better than Bedford (IMO ;) ).  

Go a bit further up to Donington.  Better still get up to Cadwell, we've got a deal for £110 next Friday, open pit lane and and it's probably the best circuit in the country for lightweight cars.  

Oulton is better, Anglesey is better, Croft is better, Snetterton is better.

I realise locality is handy, especially if you are driving a car to the track, but we are utterly spoilt in this country for choice of race tracks - it would be a shame to waste it.

The reason I like Bedford is that I always feel I can push the car that little bit harder with less risk of damage if I fall off. (Although i don't think the place is risk free!)

In the midlands you've got Rockingham, Silverstone, Mallory, all better than Bedford (IMO ;) ).  

Go a bit further up to Donington.  Better still get up to Cadwell, we've got a deal for £110 next Friday, open pit lane and and it's probably the best circuit in the country for lightweight cars.  

Oulton is better, Anglesey is better, Croft is better, Snetterton is better.

I realise locality is handy, especially if you are driving a car to the track, but we are utterly spoilt in this country for choice of race tracks - it would be a shame to waste it.

Must admit I have done Cadwell and Snetterton too many times and fancied a change - Outlon and Angelsey are a bit too far for this time of year - Silverstone I will do at some point but is usually very expensive which puts me right off

I have dabbled at Bedford and must admit I enjoyed it, although flat and difficult to sight some of the corners in a low car - still a great track though IMO and as other have said you can really push the car there on most of the corners without so much to hit

Rockingham I should do and is just 20 miles up the road - cannot explain why I have not done a track day there yet :oops:

Rockingham I should do and is just 20 miles up the road - cannot explain why I have not done a track day there yet  :oops:

Give yourself a good slap Cleggster!  :)

Give yourself a good slap Cleggster!  :)

took one of their ausy v8 holdens things around a few years back - I shall cross this one off the list this year :t-up:

• Like 1

took one of their ausy v8 holdens things around a few years back - I shall cross this one off the list this year :t-up:

Was that round the oval circuit Clark? A few years ago I did, I think, a Bookatrack day at Rockingham. In the briefing we were told if we outbraked ourselves at the hairpin we could go all the way round the oval to re-join. Wish I had!  :laugh: