What age are you? How long have you owned you car

TheHighlander123

To the OP, as people reply, edit your 1st post, making a list of the results.:

Age, how long owned.

Would make nice reading.

47, 3 years.

66 and had "Her Madge" for six years. Wanted one since I was 18, never selling..

66 and had "Her Madge" for six years. Wanted one since I was 18, never selling..

Like you, I wanted a Se7en when I was a teenager - probably the same age as you - when the only Se7en I knew anything about was £643/15s/6d* in kit form. The Series 2 Lotus Seven of course. When my fellow bus traveller and I were merely 'an item' in about 1965 we were parked by the roadside near Denham, Bucks., in a layby off the A40,  when a Lotus Seven screamed by heading east from Denham roundabout. At that point my Mrs-to-be caught the bug too! She had been a fully paid up leather clad biker's girlfriend prior to meeting me and I suppose the Se7en was the nearest thing she could aspire to with me in tow. The best I could manage on two wheels in my motoring career was a Triumph Tiger Cub which I bought to get me to the BMC dealership for yet more spares when my MG Midget broke down - again!

*this might be approximate :o

• Like 1

2 wheels, MOTCO? I had a Kawasaki 900 Z1B, but then I did wait until I was having a mid-life crisis before having a go on bikes! :d  :d

21 with 30 years of experience. Picked my FW kit up 7 months ago. 

2 wheels, MOTCO? I had a Kawasaki 900 Z1B, but then I did wait until I was having a mid-life crisis before having a go on bikes! :d  :d

I have never taken a motorcycle driving test so 200cc was all I could drive on a provisional licence in the mid-seventies. I sold it when compulsory helmets started because a helmet would have cost more than the bike was worth! Besides, my son is a trauma orthopaedic consultant and the stories of injuries to bikers that he has seen/treated are enough to put me off in my dotage. :down:

Wanted one since I was 18, never selling..

Since 11 or 12 for me.

Following siting in passengers seat of an early Lotus Seven a friend of my Gramps had. I thought it was a grown ups version of the Go kart I hammered around our house!

• Like 1

I'm 60 - can't believe it !

- Been a petrolhead since I was a kid in London. Now in Australia, I'm moving away from Alfas, my long term favourite brand, and moving back to Lotus type cars (or present day incarnation of the Lotus ethos) Been racing for years, mainly in Alfas.

Looking to have a road registered, but raceable Westfield - and I don't care how impractical etc it might be on the road !

Since 11 or 12 for me.

Following siting in passengers seat of an early Lotus Seven a friend of my Gramps had. I thought it was a grown ups version of the Go kart I hammered around our house!

You have just reminded me that I had a thrilling ride in a much older cousin's Broadley (1172cc side-valve Ford Ten engine). The first time I had ever been as fast as seventy miles per hour - I was about ten or so at the time. It was a bit like a Lotus Seven IIRC  :dg-westy: Like this...

02.jpg

• Like 1

53 today have had my first car since 1991  25 years now and still going strong. was 28 year old then

• Like 1

53 today have had my first car since 1991  25 years now and still going strong. was 28 year old then

Happy Birthday Pete!

• Like 1

Got the car in 93 (as a basic kit) Finshed in 95

Am 47 now.

Cars still great athough its a bit like Tiggers Broom! :d chassis is still original and most of the bodywork . ;) 

My other half always says when ever a new parcel comes, that there cant be much left that you havent changed on that thing. :rolleyes:

26 when I bought my kit a year ago, still building now at 27 years of age.

54.  Built the car in 2011, still loving it!