North East Convoy to Stoneleigh Saturday 30th

Kingster

For all of the North East posse - here's where we can discuss the convoy down/back and other general arrangements for Stoneleigh 2016.

So to kick things off I'm thinking head down early Saturday (say 8am ish) and head back after lunch on Monday - maybe 1-2pm.

Comments and suggestions welcome - and maybe we can think of a route that avoids motorways perhaps?

Is 8am not a little early? I was thinking more of a 10-11 set off time?

Depends whether you're planning on helping with the set up on the Saturday or not; if yes, then it's an early departure I guess :)

I was planning on getting there at about 11-12 on Saturday to help set up. (But open to ideas)

If your going past swadlincote/ashby then I'll tag along.

Whats the travel time estimated to be given that the route won't be all motorway I'm guessing.

Chris, Kiingster is heading from Wallsend so we will be slightly later than that as were already half way there! (wishful thinking)

Yes, I was thinking of getting there by lunchtime - means we can help set up, pitch our tents and crack open a beer (not necessarily in that order!).

It's a good 3.5 - 4 hrs from mine depending on traffic and sticking to dual carriageways - so 8am kick off will be required to get there early afternoon.

This kind of route involves a bit of dual carriageway (difficult to avoid it all unless we take all day!) and adds an hour on - doesn't swing by Swad though Stu - but feel free to make a suggestion that does!

I could meet at the A5/M69 junction if your planning on getting there for midday ish.

A nice convoy to start the weekend.

Hi all,

Can eventually make tomorrow nights meeting as at last my shift pattern has changed!!

I will be going to stonliegh but probably only for the Sunday or Monday unfortunately.

Look forward to meeting you all.

• 4 weeks later...

If it's OK with you all, I'll join your convoy down to Stoneleigh.

From the map you'll be crossing the M62 on the A19 at junction 34. I'll meet you there on Learning Lane, over the motorway and on the right. There's plenty of room to park up ( I had a look last time I passed) and stretch the legs.

What sort of time do you think you'll be there?

Robin - not sure yet but will have a chat with the lads and confirm routes and timings in a week or so. Assuming my car is ready anyway - engine and box back out again as new gearbox is foobarred so putting old one back in until the supplier sorts the new on out!

Bad new Chris. The suns started shining now mate!

Im easy on route and will go with the flow.

Can I join the run down please guys I am going down on the Saturday and can join at the same location as Robin  :)

"Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy"

C.W. McCall.

• Like 3