• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Geoffrey's Jaunt. West Coast of Scotland Tour. June 2016

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Good luck Geoff and have fun  :t-up:

Hope the weather is kind to you!!

Enjoy the trip,

Forecast is looking good, should be a vast improvement on the weather you had to suffer last time.   Had intended tagging along at some point but unable to get time off work at the moment.  

Approx. when will you be at the Commando Memorial Geoff?  I live just along the road so will come and say hello if I'm able to. 

Haha. Have you got a big net?

Well I have heard that even though they have fat bodies they have tiny legs but can run like hell as they bound over the heather.

Thanks for the wishes.

All ready to go now and the forecast is looking a lot better.

Looks nice outside but a bit wet from the mist.

HIGGY

how much notice do you need to meet us. I could text you when we are on our way.

Just done our first 87 miles in thick fog. Just in Darlington and skies are grey but no fog and no rain.

suns out in livingston , looking good for the rest of the week . looking forward to my shandy in the Applecross inn .

• Like 1

Geoffrey. a wee change of plan, we will see you in the Glencoe inn about 7/8 Tuesday night managed to get away from work early hoping to be there for dinner just did not see the point waiting another night as the dog is in the kennel .

Have a great trip Geoffrey and more importantly  -  a safe one!

See you on your return.

Cheers, Roger

hello. am doing most of the nc500 fri sat sun this weekend plus an extra 250miles so might see you out and about. taking advantage of some quite spectacular weather forecast!

I'm hoping to meet you in Inverness on Saturday if the planets align. We'll see how it goes.

Be good to see brh out and about too.

Doug

Well thats the first 379 miles done.

The day started in fog and it was that really wet stuff like rain. :down:  Anyway when we got to Middlesborough it cleared and we have had glorious sunshine all day.  :d  :d

We were spotted on the A1 by A15CRO and it was well smart to be spotted when we were so far from home. This truck pulled up along side and the horn was tooting and the chap was waving. Not sure who was most excited.  

Today we met up with Paul and Claire at Darlington and also Tom and Seonad here at Glencoe. Everyone is getting on and they are all a friendly bunch and myself and Carol have enjoyed their company today.  :t-up:

The room I booked and paid for in full months ago was double booked. They put us in another room and then tried to turf us out of that one but I said no. WE WERE NOT MOVING.

Anyway it was amicably sorted and I was telling the rest of the group over food and then Tom looked a bit sheepish. Turned out he had our room I had originally booked.  :o.

On the way, Buttercup dumped some brown liquid over my left leg, just above my ankle. It did not smell of oil and I looked under the bonnet and everything looked clean. I will get it checked out on my return.

I also had to carry out a repair. My lights stopped working and this happened last year exactly the same. I had a new light switch installed in Buttercup and this one has now stopped working. It was fine when we called in Maccy D's for a coffee but not when we came out.

I had decided this year to carry some tools and bits and bobs and I replaced the light switch with with my two speed heater switch and my lights are now working again.

We have all had food and to be honest, it was not very good at all. New owners are in the hotel and it is clear that they are having problems. we are going to find somewhere else to eat tomorrow.

I took my drone out tonight to do some filming and "crashed" it on landing..... It did not turn off and flipped over. Its scratched and battered a bit but just needs new blades.

As I type, I have my window open and watching the sunset over the loch and its so peaceful. Still birds singing and its a lovely place to be.

Bit of a disappointing phone call though as Bollocky Bill cannot join us. I therefore have a spare bed for two night if anyone wants it in Durness.

Here is a link to the post.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/117931-free-hotel-room-for-1-on-my-scotland-trip-4th-5th-june-in-durness/

Also had some good news though. Ziplob and Lorna are joining us a day earlier so that rounded the day off nicely.

• Like 2

Have a great trip, well impressed you're doing your own running-repairs, blimey, who'd have thought it.... :t-up:

• Like 2