Why 1C tyres should be categorised road legal by MSA

windy

I echo Nicks post.

I'll also be brutally honest. A lot of work has gone on in the background a sound set of principles have been put forward. Please do not do anything to prejudice these possibilties, do not make unnecessary comments, do not attempt to wind up the MSA.

I'm holding back on any tyre purchases, I see no need to do anything yet. Get on with prep on the rest of the car and plan tyres as last item.

Happy to discuss off line but will not debate on here.

I'm no happier than anyone else on this .

I'm Sorry.

With my coments, I didn't wanted to open (or Re-open) a discussion. As I'm a newbee (in everything. In competing, in tyres regulations, in the country and with limited budged...) I only wanto to avoid to make mistakes that will ruin my whole season. I was looking more for advice than complaining about anithing.

Apologize if something I said was unappropiate.

Will wait a few weeks in that case.

I'm Sorry.

With my coments, I didn't wanted to open (or Re-open) a discussion. As I'm a newbee (in everything. In competing, in tyres regulations, in the country and with limited budged...) I only wanto to avoid to make mistakes that will ruin my whole season. I was looking more for advice than complaining about anithing.

Apologize if something I said was unappropiate.

Will wait a few weeks in that case.

Don't worry, no need to apologise and fully understand where you're coming from. :)

It's a highly emotive subject and has been for several months now, to the point where there's a fairly low flashpoint, unfortunately.  Don't let this put you off asking questions, we're actually a friendly bunch.

• Like 1

http://speedchampionship.org.uk/msa-2016-tyre-list/

Seems as though MSA have just issued an updated list

Re-reading this... seems that Terry was right telling that zzr only allowed to caterhams... I dont see the way to demonstrate that they are factory fitted in a kit car. The text seems very clear about it.

So... lets forget about Zzr unless we have news from our secretary.

Still dont know (or understand) about compounds regulation. From ggg yo sg in toyo... or medium to soft in zzr there is a world and they don't do any diferece about it...

Don't worry, no need to apologise and fully understand where you're coming from. :)

It's a highly emotive subject and has been for several months now, to the point where there's a fairly low flashpoint, unfortunately.  Don't let this put you off asking questions, we're actually a friendly bunch.

Thanks for your understanding our beloved chairman!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be late to the table here (and supporting the comment from my better qualified and more knowledgeable offspring) but it does seem clear from the updated list under ZZR -

"Therefore for list 1B, the following tyres with the specific OE markings may be used by ANY vehicle where a list 1B tyre is permitted"

Sorry to be late to the table here (and supporting the comment from my better qualified and more knowledgeable offspring) but it does seem clear from the updated list under ZZR -

"Therefore for list 1B, the following tyres with the specific OE markings may be used by ANY vehicle where a list 1B tyre is permitted"

Not sure when you read in  the blue book that " is competitors responsability to demonstrate that this tyre is and OE fitment for that car..."

I still think is not clear enought. I dont understand what is happening regarding this. I'm not planing to compete untill 3 sisters, so plenity of time, but in 3 weeks hope I'm wrong, but we will see a lot of disapoinments with tyres and scrutineers, because everyone have its own thoughts regarding what is valid or not... 

I've tryed to clarify the regulation for my own, and asking to everione... but, have been unable to. No one is aligned.

I read it that the reference to tyres bearing the OE marking came in a bulletin issued AFTER the issue of the 2106 blue book and therefore replaced the need to "prove that a part is .......OE fitment" IN THIS CASE. May be wrong but that's my interpretation.

Yes, you are only allowed to use ZZRs with the sidewall markings 15156 and 15157 on any car (not just cateringvans) but these are both medium compounds so fairly useless from the grip perspective.

The only Yoko AO48s you can use are the LTS (Lotus) compound which only come on 16" and 17" rims. I think the MSA couldn't exclude these unique tyres because Lotus went to all the trouble & expense themselves of getting them type approved for the Elise as a true road tyre.

:d  :d  :d  :d i vote  out the eu ..and bring back zzr softs  

If I read it correctly, for road legal classes, the Toyo R888 is likely to be the list 1B choice, which most of us used when I first started competing in the Speed Series, about 6 years ago?

Your forgetting about the Avon ZZS option Stephen

Very tempted about the zzs... but not convinced about the compound... seems to be too hard