New Top Gear presenter ******** (Lord Give me strength)

SootySport

Have you watched their afternoon show, not very stimulating I must say. She's fine I the correct job, not replacing the nutter legend Clarkson.

Bob :(

I think/hope the show will have little resemblance to the old one - it just won't work with different presenters with the old format

I don't see any reason why it can't have many more presenters doing a variety of car related stuff - forget the destroying caravans, that has been done to death

I would like to see more road trip adventures without the scripted stuff ( think Ewan and Charlie in the long way round but with cars - that was a great watch with proper hardship, laughter and tears)

I would like to see more in depth Chris Harris style road tests rather than just the sideways hooning

I would also like to see more reviews on cars that average joe has some potential of actually owning rather than hyper cars

and why not presenters reporting on world car scenes, spending time on the Japanese ricer scene, American hot rod scene etc - think Louis Theroux type stuff

I watched the Mickey Flannehan Detour de France a few weeks back and him and his sidekick were hilarious

What am I trying to say - yes the replacements are important, but not as important as refreshing the show I guess

Ramble over :-)

• Like 2

If the job goes to someone female, the TV set will be having flower arrangements, coffee mugs and cakes on view, in other words the motoring content will take second place.

That's a pretty shameful opinion

• Like 1

That's a pretty shameful opinion

Better than swearing about it ....

We all know this is going to end up being some hashed rubbish. Now clarkson has gone the been should just can it off.

If Carslberg made Topgear..................... it would go female and the host (esses) would be Sabine Schmitz, Susie Wolff and Carmen Jorda :love: - the beeb's rating would soar and Clarkson would soon be forgotten  :suspect:  along with those other two  :d

• 8 months later...

Looks to be a good line up then.     So Sabine is 46,  wow!

I think people will tune into the first TG hoping for more of the same and be sadly disappointed.

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. With serious cuts forcing the early cancellation of the limited F1 coverage, it won't have the budget and won't generate the revenue necessary to succeed. IMO

• Like 1

Evans is, or at least always has been, something of the format King; while he's certainly had his misses, when he comes up with a good format, they tend to be really good.

And without knowing just what format he's planning for the new show, it's hard to tell, but at the moment, I can't really put my finger on why, but that doesn't half feel like stunt casting. On the face of it, designed to tick boxes and grab for a knowledgable/petrolhead audience.

Then again, perhaps it's the inclusion of Coulthard and the redundancy with the "team" that creates, that makes me think that way, when in reality, they've suddenly found themselves with a certain Mr Coultard under contract and no programs for him to appear in...

So, wonder what the format will be?

Looks to be a good line up then.     So Sabine is 46,  wow!

Still too young for you Bern!

I think technically they should be able to do the job and it does seem a lot of the BBC PC boxes have been ticked. Sabrina will be accepted as was VBH, because she can drive and gets the fun bit. Harris is okay and with the extra facilities the BBC has they will polish him up. Coulthard, a bit of a why? They have drivers who can drive well so what will be bring extra.

What they will still not get is that "last of the summer wine" relationship the others have and journalistically they are much better than the new team.

We shall see, but interesting that the producer has left and Tom Ford who was a script writer is going, not clear why.

Mmmm... Sabine... :love:  She'd have to work pretty hard to kick me out of bed! :cool:

Dear Santa - I know it's late, but can you please put her in my stocking? :xmas:

Dear Santa - I know it's late, but can you please put her in my stocking? :xmas:

I'd rather be in hers ;-)