Show us your garage

TAFKARM

Mine is currently a tip due to car parts (the ones that have arrived!) lying everywhere so even messier than it is here...

10916344_889471364407360_834534873333888

This is my place - 

A3D04DE7-41A6-4D4F-B745-C07A7CEE08E6_zps

37AC563B-7688-42B2-B9B3-08FBFE54C245_zps

The forum won't allow posts with too many photos, but the full story is on the PH thread already mentioned if anyone is interested - CLICKY!
  • Like 2

I've seen that on the PH thread...  proper jealous  :yes:

Steve just read through the PH thread. That is a very nice workshop you have there and very well built. Cracking job.

I like the roof! Roughly how much was the 2 poster by the way?

Wow, lots of inspiration there.

Fantastic looking garage Steve, (bookmarked the PH thread to read when I get a chance!) love the Oulton Park(?) picture on the back wall!

Out of interest, Steve, did you use a structural engineer to spec the steels?

If so, would you mind pinging me his/her details?  We're currently designing something where a good bit of steel is going to be needed and are at the stage where we need to start lining up various experts.

Jesus SteveH that garage is nicer and looks more expensive than my bungalow. Much jealous.

:laugh:  

Thanks for the comments guys, I've been lucky enough to renovate the once-derelict house we live in and do some self-building elsewhere and I love the process but the man-cave is without doubt the thing I get the most pleasure out of as a finished result.

Mike, the 2-poster was about £1300+vat I think, chineese import but a total bargain at that price, got it from http://www.automotechservices.co.uk

WileE, yep I did get the steels specced but I don't have the details of the guy I used, sorry.  Most structural guys will do standard calcs but it gets harder if you start adding bends and sticking 30 tons of roof on it, I suspect that a lot of them simply can't be bothered if they can't just read it off a chart  ??? .  

The only advice I would give is to shop around as some structural guys really know how to charge and if there's much fabrication to be done you may find the firm doing the work will have a good guy they use regularly at a much lower cost.

Thanks Steve - I might end up checking out the fabrication place you used and see if they have someone they can recommend.

Looks awesome Steve! Had been looking at one of those 2 posters but wondered if it might be a case of 'buy cheap, buy twice' - good to know it seems to be up to the job.

Adam, yep, the ramp has been great, I can get the Westie on it no problem or the van (fully laden) to full height.

WileE, Barnshaws did the steel bending, I used http://www.admorton.com for the fabrication, Andy is the boss and a very helpful guy.