Show us your garage

TAFKARM

About one and a half size, cost in the region of 10k to have it built as I was busy.

I wanted to reduce the cost by doing it on a raft but the builders were more comfortable with foundations.

Single skin block but insulated and lined,

Sockets all over the place and wired as per the regs including buried armoured cable from the house

Fibreglass roof.

GarageSmall1

Another modest one. 5.5m x 4m so not too cramped. Next to it is a decent sized single sectional concrete garage where the Westy normally resides.

Excuse the cat in the photo.

Cat%20and%20man-shed.jpg

You need a decat. 

• Like 1

You need a decat. 

:)

Sadly though, he was de-catted late last year :(  Poor old fella, reached a good age though and had a pretty decent life.

2015-05-09%2010.26.49_zpsi1uggdaw.jpg

"Tidy", unfortunately, is not my middle name  :blush:

• Like 1

By the hand marks on the floor, you don't appear to have a middle name!  :d 

Oh oh how I envy the space, though I reckon I could get that considerably more untidy in short order.

• Like 1

The theme here seems to be the bigger the garage the more untidy you can be!!!!!!!!!

2015-05-09%2010.26.49_zpsi1uggdaw.jpg

"Tidy", unfortunately, is not my middle name  :blush:

Is that full timber? Got any outside shots? What's it like to work in..?

Is that full timber? Got any outside shots? What's it like to work in..?

Yes, full timber  --  in fact it's just a shed really.

2015-05-09%2011.57.01_zpsnlsaa5xp.jpg

Could do with being better insulated (though it is insulated)  --  I need to turn on heating about three hours before any extended occupancy in mid-winter  --  otherwise just like a normal garage.

Oh . . . and I found a photo of it tidy!

IMG_0661_zpsyusljom0.jpg

• Like 2

WOW SteveH that is one very nice garage indeed , turning a funny shade of green here

• Like 1

Another modest one. 5.5m x 4m so not too cramped. Next to it is a decent sized single sectional concrete garage where the Westy normally resides.

Excuse the cat in the photo.

Cat%20and%20man-shed.jpg

Is that one of those Dunster House type wooden garages? Was wondering what you thought of the quality / stability?

It's quite hard to do my garage justice because there are no good viewpoints, what with stuff piled in corners etc. So I tried a wide angle approach with my Qumox Gopro clone.

a5b2d6ee-3e89-4ae7-9019-24ba183a1c9e_zps88033218-3c9c-4699-a837-bd641da34c02_zpscd031b16-a56f-4663-822a-4e9ea2d5ffab_zps17050001_zpsbrzbp60r.jpg

Is that one of those Dunster House type wooden garages? Was wondering what you thought of the quality / stability?

It is indeed. Saw one a few years back when collecting some wheels from a fellow Westyite and liked the look of it. It does grow and shrink a wee bit with the season as you'd expect, but really happy with it. 45mm thick timber walls, decent roof structure. Went overboard on the base, proper footings, base thick enough to take anything I am likely to throw at it. Took 2 days to assemble, another 2 to put the roof finish and timber treatment on then about 2 weeks to wire it out! Sockets and lights everywhere. They supplied more than enough materials, overall quality good. They do have a pretty dodgy image, but the product is fine IMO and they delivered when they said they would, no problems whatsoever.

Also pretty green seeing the size of some of these workshops!

(ETA, brain fade, walls are 45mm, not 75mm!)

This is mine, it's not that tidy and is pretty busy inside with all the cars.

IMG_2987.jpg

5113a50543f4d3942b9118ff9a44ca2d.jpg

but what happens in the room with the windows, Mark? Or shouldn't I ask...