Clarkson suspended

*Emma*

Problem with political correctness, is it's perpetuated by stay at home middle class moms, who're detached from reality and feel the need to stand up for the "poor brown people".

However and rather ironically, suggesting that these people can't defend themselves because they have more than a mild sun tan, is in itself exceptionally racist.

Now I worked with an engineer, in his 40's, who was born in India and came to the UK 15 years ago, he used to rant on about this, he was sick of white British people telling him what he should and should not be offended by. He'd experience racism and he felt that the overly PC non-sense did nothing but drive even more of a wedge between different cultures in the UK. He used to come into work and rant about "foreign" drivers who couldn't read road signs/markings, which would then lead to a rant about them probably not having car insurance and a further rant about the UK govt not doing anything about them for fear of being called racist.

Possibly the worst symptom is that in creating these over protected minorities, there are other minorities that get neglected.

Has JC overstepped the mark? He probably has, but most of the time it's just the media picking on something insignificant and turning it into a massive issue, just to rile up the nation and sell news papers.

Why did he throw a punch at a colleague? I don't care, I only know it's something that crosses my mind on a weekly basis and if I had enough money in the bank i'd probably go ahead and do it. Some people are just so far up their own backsides that the only remedy is a bl**** good punch in the face.

• Like 1

if he did punch some one in the work place in anything other that banter then he deserves what he gets.

as for TG i think its tired and a bit naff but then on the other hand where else on a regular basis do you get to see fast cars like they show in one place? yes you could subscribe to internet channels and there are other shows but TG seems to do it in a good way thats easy to watch.

i would be sad to see it go as ive been watching TG since i was a kid. it was on TG that i first saw a westfield and phoned them to get a brochure.

it makes something daft like £300m for the beeb so i cant see them letting it go lightly

• Like 1

Well said Lyonspride. Although I do think punching someone over a work matter or even just at work is unacceptable and obviously gross misconduct. As a working class man from a working class background I know that if you have an issue you take it outside the gates and settle it there. I have seen and even broken up several scuffles at work though. It's all a bit macho on the power stations and the like mixing scaffs, laggers, sparkys, engineers, labourers etc etc.

I like TG, it has got cringier but I still watch it.

Must admit though I much prefer the Guy Martin series as he's not afraid to get his hands dirty.

So i'll take TG to C4 add Guy Martin sorted!

TG can always go to Dave Tv anyway seeing how James May has a large stake in it..

Are we going off track a bit? He's getting the sack for swinging at his boss, not for racist remarks.

His remarks fall into a grey area that some will condone and some will say is not acceptable... But that's not what this is about. I think we all agree that swinging for someone in a meeting is unacceptable and any of us would expect to be dismissed if we tried to hit anyone from the cleaner to the MD.

Further reading, the argument was apparently over catering arrangements (or lack of) after filming on location in Newcastle.

Clarkson has been doing this sort of thing for a long time. The only thing has changed is the way it's reported. I suspect he'd still chuck a drink over Piers Morgan too.

I think JC is a bit up his own rear end but some of the programmes are not too bad. What I cant understand is why, as the programmes are not screened live that the programme editor or directors allow any "offending" remarks to remain when its broadcast. They could just reshoot the scene. I also wonder who actually bought and fixed the Argentinian number plate? I don't condone what he does but the BBC are also to blame IMHO

First thing, he has been suspended not sacked. We only have bits of information that is mainly being fed by the Mail, who have a hatred for JC as he works for Rupert Murdoch.

They have suspended him to allow full investigation.

It is interesting to read on the BBC that one of the executives wanted rid of him before but was over ruled by the head off BBC. What is the betting that the guy alleged to have had a punch swung at him was not the one who raised the complaint?

I had this before where two guy's got into a pushing match and one slapped the other. Niether complained but it was raised by one of the staff and we had to deal with it.

After the investigation it was a 50/50 event and both were disciplined, no one got sacked.

I will wait until we get FACTS and only then can we really be able to comment on the outcome.

But as an aside, I know a person who works for the BBC as a producer. In any other walk of life she would be a failure, totally inept . But as they have endless money, a huge army of advisors, teams of lackies that have a clipboard and look busy she does okay. When the BBC do anything the amount of people they have to have there is stupid, where independent companies do filming they have just what they need as there are no team builders who judge their success on how many staff they have.

First thing, he has been suspended not sacked. We only have bits of information that is mainly being fed by the Mail, who have a hatred for JC as he works for Rupert Murdoch.

They have suspended him to allow full investigation.

It is interesting to read on the BBC that one of the executives wanted rid of him before but was over ruled by the head off BBC. What is the betting that the guy alleged to have had a punch swung at him was not the one who raised the complaint?

I had this before where two guy's got into a pushing match and one slapped the other. Niether complained but it was raised by one of the staff and we had to deal with it.

After the investigation it was a 50/50 event and both were disciplined, no one got sacked.

I will wait until we get FACTS and only then can we really be able to comment on the outcome.

But as an aside, I know a person who works for the BBC as a producer. In any other walk of life she would be a failure, totally inept . But as they have endless money, a huge army of advisors, teams of lackies that have a clipboard and look busy she does okay. When the BBC do anything the amount of people they have to have there is stupid, where independent companies do filming they have just what they need as there are no team builders who judge their success on how many staff they have.

It's typical British management, a manager for everything but very few people doing all the work.

All fuelled of course by middle class aspirations, for many people the life time career goal is to be a manager, once they get there they stay there for life and dedicate their lives to stifling anyone who aspires to more.

My company would have sacked at least one of those people. Rightly so. Who raises the complaint is entirely irrelevant. Who wants to work with people who think it's ok to attack at a colleague?!

Having met some producers over the years I can fully sympathise with the desire to try and percusively educate them. We have no idea of the circumstances so it's all 100% speculation at present.

Could it be Ferrari, Porsche or McLaren, causing a problem so they don't have to get the race on?

Could it be Ferrari, Porsche or McLaren, causing a problem so they don't have to get the race on?

Ah...

So when the producer said there was no McLaren, Jeeza thought he said there was no McDonalds and cos he was hungry it all kicked off?

My company would have sacked at least one of those people. Rightly so. Who raises the complaint is entirely irrelevant. Who wants to work with people who think it's ok to attack at a colleague?!

Once again there is nothing in employment law that demands a certain punishment. What is required is a full investigation and every fact found out.

In the case I was involved with both the staff accepted they were equally to blame and being adults understood that both could be sacked, no one wanted that to happen and all agreed that this was out of character for both. They accepted that a slap, pushing and shoving was not acceptable.

The sensible thing was to not sweep it under the carpet it was to deal with it as adults.

We accept people can make mistakes and the default should be to deal with disciplinary action to improve behaviour not to punish.