Clarkson suspended

*Emma*

Having seen this now I can't help but wonder if this week's episode was a tactical introduction of Tanner Foust (TG USA host) to the British public...  Probably conspiracy theory stuff but if they've built up enough ammunition to remove Jeremy, he could be a potential replacement on the original show.  That being said, if Clarkson goes, I can't see TG lasting too long.  Hammond, May and Clarkson work too well together.  I personally can't imagine the show functioning correctly without all three.  

Let's see... "punches" can mean a lot of things. Pushing somebody out of the way all the way to a bunch of fives. And to what extent was he provoked?

The Top Gear I enjoy is not compatible with the BBC anymore, a bust up at some point was inevitable...

Go to a different channel and crack on.

I'm quiet liking 'The Classic Car Show' on channel 5, although the dialogue between Quentin and Jodie is a bit cringe worth at times!

Interesting that the BBC said they would make no comment and now their own magazine is saying he threw a punch at a producer. But he never connected and this happened last week. Makes me wonder if it was the same person who leaked the cutting floor waste when he was doing eny meany mo, who has leaked this one.

Looking at some of the comments around the web, one site lists all the producers on last weeks show, there were 6 or 7. They only had three on Star Wars. Maybe that is what he was annoyed at!

the petition "BBC: REINSTATE JEREMY CLARKSON"

You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson?recruiter=72327542&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Sent from my iPhone

It said on the news that they have **** canned the remaining episodes.

I'm quiet liking 'The Classic Car Show' on channel 5, although the dialogue between Quentin and Jodie is a bit cringe worth at times!

Only a bit? I do quite like it but it would be miles better without the faux dynamics between the presenters.

Not sure I'd care awfully if TG were canned forever. I wonder why I watch it half the time although there are still moments I enjoy. It's just feels a bit tired now. Clarkson's problem now is the press are waiting for anything they can turn into a story and he has given them too much ammo of late. IF it doesn't continue with the trio (and I doubt it would run on long with a different cast) then hopefully we still see all three on TV. Their more factual work (JC in particular) is very good.

• Like 1

I would like to see May and Hammond have Clarkson's back here. If they walk with Clarkson then it will put the BBC in a very awkward position. TG must be one of the highest ranking shows on the BBC. I find it refreshing listening to Clarkson's opinions and quips, even though some I may not agree with, it shows that someone is ready to stand up to the lefty must keep your opinions to yourself types. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't be that sad to see TG go, it's the same old contrived challenges and unimaginative comedy trotted out of the sausage machine to make a quick buck. They lost their way a few years ago when they stopped crediting the audience with enough intelligence to realise they are watching the same format every single episode:

Classic Top Gear {Insert episode number here} James May bimbles around being ever so slow and naming his spanners, Clarkson goes at his challenge like a bull at a gate and breaks something with a hammer, Hammond turns up in a stupid car with another stupid hair cut with nothing to say but a 5 minute staged argument with Clarkson. Followed by 10 minutes of a supercar doing donuts on an airfield in clouds of tyre smoke like a B&Q carpark cruise, cut back to the challenge where a car rolls down a bank and then a celebrity I've not heard of drives an Astra so they can be ranked against other celebrities I've never heard of. We could write and act this stuff better!

Comedy has moved on since the 1970s when you had to rely on a cheap-shot racial slur to get a laugh. It seems Clarkson hasn't kept up with the times and knows its easy for him to bump himself to the top of the news pages by saying something offensive ... again. There are quite a few TV presenters pushing the boundaries but also putting some effort into what they are presenting.

So don't watch, and stop insulting me and the those others that do still enjoy it please.

• Like 1

If you look at his more recent misdemeanors and the increase in frequency, I do wonder if it's related to his divorce.  I think his wife and secure family life may well have been his anchor to keep his rabid tendencies in check.

It does interest me that some of the same people who have been saying the show is past it are now demanding it be reinstated in full.

All aside and forgetting the fact that Clarkson is a celebrity, if any of us threw a punch at a colleague, the same would almost certainly happen to us -it's not permissible (unless you're a boxer!)

Sums it up well Scott, many people have troubles in their personal lives, but you don't bring it into work, and you certainly don't swing for your colleagues when you have an office disagreement.

Maybe he could do a christmas special: Celebrity boxing on ice.

I like TG. Whilst it's certainly an old format it's still one of the best shows on TV, which says a lot in its self really. What TG needs is to be free of the BBC. Let the BBC run under it's own boring, backwards- thinking agenda so the dullards can watch Strictly Come Dancing in a politically correct perfect world bubble and let the millions of viewers watch a less restricted TG on Channel 4.

Tell you one thing for free, we won't be renewing our TV licence next year.