Clarkson suspended

*Emma*

Taking a swing (not sure if he made contact) but if he has = instant sacking in my book unless self defence.

Spot on Terry - it's just inexcusable.

And getting the hump because you were given a cold meat platter instead of a hot steak?  Really?  That's worth throwing a punch over?  Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Spot on Terry - it's just inexcusable.

And getting the hump because you were given a cold meat platter instead of a hot steak?  Really?  That's worth throwing a punch over?  Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Will there be security at the westfield open day?

Will there be security at the westfield open day?

Yep, Dave "Make My Day" Eastwood and his cat, Mad Max :t-up:

• Like 2

It will need it when the cellophane comes off that buffett!!

i was reading some comments from an employment lawyer type bod and he was basically intimating that if a person physically assaulted someone in the work place then an employer really has no choice in sacking the person esp if its a more senior person to a subordinate. something to do with the basic premise that you should not feel in danger in your workplace

i was reading some comments from an employment lawyer type bod and he was basically intimating that if a person physically assaulted someone in the work place then an employer really has no choice in sacking the person esp if its a more senior person to a subordinate. something to do with the basic premise that you should not feel in danger in your workplace

Pitty this doesn't apply to mental/emotional bullying as well as physical.

Much less black and white than striking someone. Some types think being told what to do and / or their work isn't good enough without sugar coating it is bullying these days.

Much less black and white than striking someone. Some types think being told what to do and / or their work isn't good enough without sugar coating it is bullying these days.

I'm talking more about insecure middle managers who set up their subordinates for failure, for example arranging a dept meeting, not informing one of them, stopping their colleagues from telling them and then dragging them one over hot coals for missing the meeting.......

Or those who make up reasons to kick them down if they happen to do anything that remotely outshines their own achievements.

A sad symptom of a work culture that places over qualified, inexperienced idiots into positions of authority.

It appears an appalling tirade of very abusive language followed by a lip requiring stiches is about to be discussed at a very high level at the BBC today. With the ever increasing news regarding the cover ups of corruption and abuse involving  Media, Police, MPs, and senior government employees The  BBC elite are already publically voicing their opinions that morals and behaviour can always be excused if there is sufficient cash splashing around in the right direction.   

You've only got to see the shameful statements of some BBC execs over the weekend, including things like comparing him to Saville, (God knows what the poor victims of that affair must think), to realise how strongly they just want rid of him, at any cost, any excuse.

Although I hope not, personally, I strongly suspect it was a done deal from the moment he was stupid enough to let a long and fraught day in the middle of a bad period in his personal life get the better of his temper and fists.

I also feel deeply sorry for the producer in many ways. While I'm sure he'll get some sympathy work for a while, I can't help thinking in such a cut throat, toadying industry, his name will be toxic. And that's aside from the hate mail he's already getting.

400,000+ signed a petition to keep a multi millionaire in his job now. Meanwhile we sit back and watch swaging cuts to essential life changing public services with petitions to save them making a 100,000 signatures if you're lucky.

Nice statement of the society we live in??

Yes I like TG but the chap has punched someone and should be sacked same as you or I no dispute.

Sure he'll be back elsewhere too!

• Like 1

Not sure why his personal wealth should come into it, but if it does then surely that should be balanced by how much revenue he generates for the BBC and hence the country.

As to whether anyone should be sacked for violence, I'd like to think in this day and age that the decision would be as a result of a fair and balanced investigation, and neither the result of a prescribed written in stone policy, nor the result of internal politics and self interest.

I'd like to think, where someone should be shown the door, after due process, without fear or favour, that they would be. Equally, in instances where someone needed help and compassion, then that would be given too.

As to comparisons with other petitions, I suspect it's more a case of so many other individual petitions, that the numbers just never look good.

People tend to rally behind figureheads and specific causes.