MSE Events Hullavington Fri 17 Apr

Mooch

What Ho, 

Crisis Wolf has a thread running regarding the Hullavington track day on 17 Apr, to which we have a few participants already signed up.  I can announce a bit of a bonus for attendees if we can get the numbers up.

Andrew Reeves, AO of the Cotswold Group has got in touch with Natasha at MSE and has arranged free 20 min instruction sessions for WSCC members turning up on the day.  Our part of the bargain is to get at least 10 Westfields to the event.  We are nearly halfway there, so lets get some more players.  Remember to say you will be attending as a WSCC member to claim your session with an instructor - if you've already booked, then I'd give them a call to make this clear so Natasha can allocate a slot for you.  This is worth around £25 a session and if you haven't been out with one of these guys before, worth its weight in gold - really useful stuff.

So far we have:

Crisis Wolf

Stoat

Mooch 

Dommo

Booking through this link 

http://www.motorsport-events.com

This is not a formal WSCC event, you will need to book as individuals, so please note the caveat below.

To avoid any potential misunderstandings, the Committee would like to remind everyone that although this event is being shown on the WSCC Forums, it is not organised by the WSCC and is not an official WSCC Track Day event, and as such, it is not covered by the WSCC's insurance - so it's up to each individual attending the event to ensure that they are adequately covered.

I'm up for this, but I really need to get my car noise tested before booking, planning to do so at castle Combe speed series event in March

Steve M - If you have a standard exhaust and TB's I'm sure you will be well within the limit.

Hello, Chaps,

A quick update....I spoke to Natasha at MSE today and she confirmed that, as it's us, she was happy to waive the 10 or more limit before we get the free tuition session.  Therefore, if you are booked for Hullavington on 17 Apr, you get a slot anyway.  Good news.

Obviously, some of you have already booked in for the day, so I need to let Natasha know who you are.  Therefore, if you'd like the free tuition please PM me with the name you booked under and I'll collate and pass on to her so she can allocate an instructor slot for you.

Mike

Will be booking (officially) today or tomorrow. Hopefully have some final parts fitted by then - you may not recognize the car by April!

Will be booking (officially) today or tomorrow. Hopefully have some final parts fitted by then - you may not recognize the car by April!

Got it thank, Rich, looking forward to seeing what you've done!

• 3 weeks later...

What do conditions have to be like for the organisers to postpone the day ? I'm guessing standing water ?

I'm eager to book for April 17th, but I have no car wet gear

I'm guessing quite a few wait to nearer the event to book, so a good idea of the weather is known

What do conditions have to be like for the organisers to postpone the day ? I'm guessing standing water ?

I'm eager to book for April 17th, but I have no car wet gear

I'm guessing quite a few wait to nearer the event to book, so a good idea of the weather is known

These airfields are pretty free-draining, Steve, so it would have to be pretty soggy to call off for weather.  I've only ever been out in really wet conditions at Castle Combe just after the mother of all deluges last year and I must confess, it wasn't much fun - those armco barriers looked very threatening!  The beauty with airfields like Hullavington is that there are huge run off areas and very little to hit. If you want to learn to handle a Westy in the wet, this would be the place to start!......but the weather will be perfect....I've done my rain dance.....

If it is any consolation, I have no weather gear either, but I'll still be going out if it's raining.  Might leave the carpets at home, though!

Depending upon state of modifications and Subject to stock levels I may so be topless nk matter what the weather.

Thanks for the reply Mooch, you are hardcore !!

May well look into taking the carpets out, 'if' the weather looks dodgy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had word back from Natasha, Dom, Rich, Tony and I have our free tuition sessions confirmed.  There are also 3 chaps from the Cotswold Group (Anthony, Antony and Guy) who will also get a freebie.

The only one we couldn't confirm is Stuart, who has yet to book but I've told her you will be coming along as soon as you have bolted your engine back together.  Chop Chop, Mr Stoat!! :laugh:

Excellent news.  I missed the last one as I'd mucked the brakes up.  I need a shake down track day to check everything is ok, before I book some others.  Looking forward to it.

I'm sooooo close to booking !!

Only thing making me uncertain is not knowing the weather forecast, as I have no weather gear!

But then if I leave it till a few days before , it might get booked up....I probably need to man up !! ...( I said that before someone else did ☺️)

Man up Steve! We will all be in it together  :d