• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Which glasses/goggles for aero driving?

Dodgey

The thing I like about the dixons vs generic sunglasses is that they are ballistic, which helps when you get a stone in the eye at speed...

I'll have to dig them out, theyre in the garage somewhere so it will be the new year. I dont do dibs though, so I'll just stick the for sale ad up! :d

• Like 1

Gatorz.

I used them for skydiving so they are certainly up to the job.

Industrial spoggles ensure you have safety lenses. Not too pricey either just a few quid.

Bob :d

I have had both the Dixon's goggles and a couple of pairs BodySpecs and the BodySpecs just edge it for me. Previously you had to order them from the States and run the risk of paying import tax, now they are stocked on Mike Dixons website

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/product.php/2/anti-mist-safety-glasses

Spoggles still £9 versus the above at £56 both safety specs I guess, must be exceptional for that difference in price.

Bob. :cool: :cool:

How do the Spoggles do at sealing to your face? Much airflow round the sides? (That used to be the biggest issue I found with the more generic safety glasses). If they've got that covered, they're an absolute bargain!

Are these what you mean Bob? Those do look like they'd do everything you needed, apart from coloured lenses, at least.

How do the Spoggles do at sealing to your face? Much airflow round the sides? (That used to be the biggest issue I found with the more generic safety glasses). If they've got that covered, they're an absolute bargain!

Those are the ones I have.   No issue with airflow into eyes, and reasonably comfortable.  If I'd had to point out a negative, then it would be the lack of sun protection with the shaded version.  They're not a substitute for normal sunglasses.