• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Which glasses/goggles for aero driving?

Dodgey

Just tested out my car with aan aero/mini screen on and it's great, though regular sunglasses just are no good - too much wind gets round them. What glasses/goggles do you recommend for a decent "seal".

I've driven with a lid on too, and I don't like it, not for lane blatting - I loose all sensation of what speed I'm doing. 

Which reminds me, I'm going to dig out my two pairs and flog them in the new year. I only wear a helmet these days.

Dixons for me as well.  Great for interchanging the lenses and a choice of  normal spectacle arms or elastic ones.  I shelled out for the photochromatic lenses and they are great, the only lenses you need winter or summer.

Yep former westy owner Mike Dixon understands 'our' needs.

I think I paid less than £15 for a pair of quad goggles. I got them with yellow tint and the results are great. I found I couldn't drive safely with my specs on, because as soon as you turn your head at speed, they move all over the place. I thought they'd come off sooner or later.

The goggles fit over my specs easily and make the driving experience what it should be free from spec-loss worry.

I too wouldn't wear a lid although I have a pristine AGV finished in Ducati red which colour matches my Westie.

Are there goggles like the Dixons which will accept prescription lenses?

I don't care for contact lenses and there is no way to fit regular glasses under those type of goggles :)

[edit] Never mind. A further look showed that there are indeed versions that will accept prescriptions.

I use sunglasses - I have Oakleys which wrap around a fair bit so don't have wind issues. But I maybe in the market for some clear ones for night/dusk driving.

Are there goggles like the Dixons which will accept prescription lenses?

I don't care for contact lenses and there is no way to fit regular glasses under those type of goggles :)

[edit] Never mind. A further look showed that there are indeed versions that will accept prescriptions.

Mike (Dixons) can supply prescription lenses with the googles, depending on which ones you choose.

I have prescription lenses and reactolite, so no need to keep changing so suit the sunlight.

In fact there is a picture of me wearing mine in the Lancshire report of the latest Westfield World.

I have Dixon, great value.

Addidas climacool are nice but expensive.