Lewis Hamilton F1 Champ

Terryathome

Congratulations to Lewis and Mercedes, he was always going to be hard to beat today, he's so mentally strong.

Big respect to Nico, he showed what a true sportsman he is going out of his way to congratulate Lewis and celebrate with the team. Great year for the team.

Also well done Williams GP, great result today and a strong season after last years.

Sorry Scottish Bloke but i can't see how you can say Nico is a true sportsman when he deliberatly rammed his own team mate and admitted it, and it don't include the other stunt he pulled on that run off

So no respect from me but full respect to Lewis for not lamping him one at the time. Its a shame because he is a good driver, and its sad that he had to resort to dirty tricks to try and win. It will be an even better team when Nico decides to be a real part of it.

Just my opinion of course  :t-up:

I wonder if vettle going over to Ferrari has anything to do with the rumours about Ross Brawn rejoining them next season I think that would help swing his decision...

I heard another rumour that Brawn was going to Mclaren

Vettel was rumoured to have a pre-contract with Ferrari about 18 months ago. It was inevitable. I don't believe Brawn will be going there (he denied it to Martin Brundle) but it's way more likely than McLaren.

"Sorry Scottish Bloke but i can't see how you can say Nico is a true sportsman when he deliberatly rammed his own team mate and admitted it, and it don't include the other stunt he pulled on that run off

So no respect from me but full respect to Lewis for not lamping him one at the time. Its a shame because he is a good driver, and its sad that he had to resort to dirty tricks to try and win. It will be an even better team when Nico decides to be a real part of it.

Just my opinion of course"

I didn't actually hear Nico say he 'intentionally rammed Lewis', maybe I missed that and/or was it taken in context. What I did see and hear was Nico, a man who came so close to Winning a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP congratulate his team mate moments after Lewis won and he gracefully lost.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

I

Sorry Scottish Bloke but i can't see how you can say Nico is a true sportsman when he deliberatly rammed his own team mate and admitted it, and it don't include the other stunt he pulled on that run off

Just my opinion of course  :t-up:

I think Nico has learnt his lesson and he must remember the way people booed Vettel last year (and were turning away from Schumacher in droves). I don't think he really has that German "mind set" which may of course deny him being a world champion - especially as long as Lewis is at Mercedes, but it's going to make for another interesting year next year.

Can't see Vettel doing what Schumacher did for Ferrari and he'll probably throw his toys out the pram early on - as for Alonso...... he may be (or has been) good, but at what cost...........McClaren would be better sticking with Button and AN Other until they've proved the new Honda works.       

edited... p,s - I wish I had a "garage" like Jackie Stewart's !!!! :d:rolleyes:

"Sorry Scottish Bloke but i can't see how you can say Nico is a true sportsman when he deliberatly rammed his own team mate and admitted it, and it don't include the other stunt he pulled on that run off

Just my opinion of course"

I didn't actually hear Nico say he 'intentionally rammed Lewis', maybe I missed that and/or was it taken in context. What I did see and hear was Nico, a man who came so close to Winning a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP congratulate his team mate moments after Lewis won and he gracefully lost.

Just my opinion of course.

He did admit that he crashed into lewis on purpose.

He was booed by the crowd for the same reason.

I dont deny that he did  pat lewis on the back BUT that does not make him a true sportsman in this instance, it would have done so had he NOT played with dirty tricks.

It would also be good for button to stay where he is.

Ah well,

A sportsman in my eyes, and that's the opinion I value today.

McClaren would be better sticking with Button and AN Other until they've proved the new Honda works.

McClaren would be better at sticking to managing football teams ;):p I don't think JB should stick with McLaren anyway. Chances of the. Turning around their flaws (which aren't the engine) in one season seems unlikely and there seems even less chance JB will get a 2 year or longer dealer (which is clearly what Alonso has). He'd be better off jumping into the opening in the Audi WEC team now that Tom Kristensen has retired. 1x F1 WDC + 1x LeMan win (and maybe 1x WEC WDC) is more prestigious than 2x F1 WDC.

Ah well,

A sportsman in my eyes, and that's the opinion I value today.

Fair enough matey

Glad you enjoyed the race as much as me  :)  :t-up:

According to EJ Brawn is going to Audi in 2017. A lot of the teams have problems with the technical side now and let's be honest Merc had by far the best engine and package this year.

Williams did well from where they were and I hope they go forward next year.

• Like 1

McClaren would be better at sticking to managing football teams ;):p I don't think JB should stick with McLaren anyway. Chances of the. Turning around their flaws (which aren't the engine) in one season seems unlikely and there seems even less chance JB will get a 2 year or longer dealer (which is clearly what Alonso has). He'd be better off jumping into the opening in the Audi WEC team now that Tom Kristensen has retired. 1x F1 WDC + 1x LeMan win (and maybe 1x WEC WDC) is more prestigious than 2x F1 WDC.

I did hear many months ago that JB might be driving the new Nissan GTR LMP1 car...

Nice to see pretty positive reports from all over Europe.

For those of you who can read Nico's first (of five, I think) language, you can find Die Welt (their "Times") opining that Hamilton is a worthy champion and that his victory was almost universally enthusiastically praised in the press. It then quotes from a dozen other European (non-British) papers to demonstrate its point.

Corriere dello Sport (Italy) went so far as to call LH "the true heir of Senna".

Linky: http://www.welt.de/sport/formel1/article134655200/Hamilton-verwandelt-Rosberg-in-eine-Miezekatze.html

Well done Lewis, it was a pleasure watching and may you win it again.

As for the others, a bit of catch-up is needed from the manufactures (nice to see Williams up near the front) and of course better driver discipline from a few drivers.

Shall we enter a Westfield to give em a run for their money next year?

Terry