RIP Tax Discs

Captain Colonial

Tax disc - Will you still show yours?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, my new tax disc arrived in the post today.

What a waste of time - got the car on 30 Sept, so only one day of official requirement, but the car is in the 'nil' tax band, so doesn't have any tax anyway, but they still send me one.

taxed car yesterday morning at post office and its still not showing as taxed on the dvla site , is it ok to drive or not who knows ,is it worth the risk with the feds being able to sieze the car now , might just stick trade plates in it just incase

tax was paid for by another company so they have the receipt not me , another dvla dangler up me thinks

True the disc was outmoded but this gives every Trafford Centre racer an even better excuse not to tax, insure or mot there cars. Seems like once they put the road tax content onto fuel that will sort a few of the car thieves issues out. This is a retrograde step to me they should have gone the full distance not half a job. Just wonder who is using my Mrs number plates which were nicked a couple of years ago.

Bob :d :d  

Just had my renewal through for RAC membership, and what did they include in the envelope.................... A tax disc holder :suspect:

And I bet they put the price up as well. How ironic.

Bob :d

I've found an old tax disc for my car from 1984 which will now go in the window. It was the earliest one I could find :)  

• Like 1

True the disc was outmoded but this gives every Trafford Centre racer an even better excuse not to tax, insure or mot there cars. Seems like once they put the road tax content onto fuel that will sort a few of the car thieves issues out. This is a retrograde step to me they should have gone the full distance not half a job. Just wonder who is using my Mrs number plates which were nicked a couple of years ago.

Bob :d :d  

a piece of paper wasn't going to stop them before... anyone with a half decent printer/photocopier and google could have made one.

http://www.myshowplates.com/number-plate-designer.asp?gclid=CLfFzvm1msECFa7KtAodWTkARQ

this place will make you a plate and 5 mins using paint gives you a piece of paper that passes for a tax disc. 

IMHO the lack of a disc make sweet FA difference backed up by te fact i forgot to put my new one in for 3 months

Both my cars where not actually displaying one when the rule changed.

The tintop because the autoglass bloke who did the screen recently lost it and I didnt get around to replacing it.

The kitcar because i use it so infrequently on the road it was just neatly fold in half and kept in my wallet to save wrestling with the holder.

Daniel