Applecross 2015 clan McWesty 5th highland gathering

ziplob

I can take a pan and a stove for porridge on Sunday morning, (Dov and I talked about this 2 years ago),any takers?

Hut 11 -  Angus, Alastair and Alex

HI all 

so i have to work Saturday and Sunday but i will come for the drive north on Friday to the lunch stop so if i could be added to the list for lunch that would be much appreciated! After that i will probably head down from the Onich Hotel to oban and do that little loop before heading back to edinburgh! looking forward to it, fingers crossed for sunshine! :) 

see you all on friday :) 

• Like 1

Clock ticking towards the Applecross outing.

Update on new Westfield owner.

He is still waiting on registration approval although he has called DVLA and confirmed they are now working on his submission. 

Appears some info was missed in the package presented. (From Westfield).

If approval issued in time, are there any spare bunks in the huts that he could use/share costs?

Other option he may consider is to travel up in the van and bum a passenger ride on Saturday's blat.

He can then get to know the great Clan McWestie (and others :) ) for future runs.

Anyone want to volunteer to take a passenger?

cheers

Jim.

• Like 1

Think John maybe had a spare bunk in his hut but not sure if he's had any takers already.

Hi Jim. I have a hut to myself as per earlier post. Happy to share and offer a seat in my car if needed.

Hi Jim. I have a hut to myself as per earlier post. Happy to share and offer a seat in my car if needed.

Join, Alastair is trying to get a hold of you for a space in your hut.

Any guesses on what the weather's going to be like for the weekend? Typically, the BBC seems to be indicating 'showery' but that could mean torrential downpours in the north west!

Matt

XCWeather says showers from 4 ish till about 7ish then drying out, early Sat (7am) showers then cloudy sunshine all day :-)

• Like 1

weather who cares , will pack a wee gazeebo ? one size fits 30 people

• Like 2

I hope you lads have a great time and the weather is kind to you all.

• Like 1

Saturday run to Gairloch , heading over the pass and going left towards Sheildag and up through Torridan and  into Gairloch . Its 58 miles and once into Gairloch head for the Bay Hotel . stopping there for tea and coffee and heading back . time permitting we will take the coast road back from Shieldag to Applecross . Remember to stop at the Applecross Inn on the way back and order your Saturday night meal . Table is booked for 6.30 that night .

Once again Lads this is not a race and there are a few reports off certain car clubs going mental on the roads up there , lets not be tared with the same brush :p. we have a few new faces going with us this year so lets welcome them in our usual manner by ripping the p!!H out them . Gary tank commander is with us :yes:and also the new Mrs Steve Smith all bets are she is inflatable ? :d

See you lot Friday

Bob

• Like 2

Hi Bob  Can you confirm support van times and places for bag drop offs please?

Good big car park at that hotel - can't miss it!