Hullavington Airfield Track Day - Friday 12 Sep 14

Mooch

I popped into Hullavington to see my mate in the White Megane RS. Lots of nice Westies. I particularly liked the Triumph, although, I have no ldea what model it was (dark Blue coupe).

Why did I see a car with no rear bumper?

I saw that too - a beemer I think.  Went home on a trailer sans bumper at the back, but noticed it was strapped on the front of the trailer.  Can only suppose he lost it on the circuit on an 'off' or minor contact.

Probably following Dommo's methodology of going home with slightly less car than you turned up in... :laugh:

Probably following Dommo's methodology of going home with slightly less car than you turned up in... :laugh:

Ouch  :oops: 

A video of one of my better sessions

And a highlight reel which shows all the times I was overtaken and overtook. Not the best ratio but its gotten better this year. Winter upgrades here I come

Did you notice much difference with the aero screen Richard?

Hard to tell as I've not done Hullavington before. Think I saw you'd bought (or thought of buying) one Gary. Feels better, certainly don't appear to hit a wall. The only wall I hit is my own skill set. After comments on another thread I could see close to b******* all but have set the mirrors up so they don't drop now.

Good video Dom. Already learnt fourth gear on one corner and dont need to slow down as much and 2nd for the bit afterwards!

think you've answered this before but where is your microphone? Passenger footwell? Good sound (beats wind noise anyday!)

Good video Dom. Already learnt fourth gear on one corner and dont need to slow down as much and 2nd for the bit afterwards!

think you've answered this before but where is your microphone? Passenger footwell? Good sound (beats wind noise anyday!)

What you don't see is just after we swapped places, I was trying desperately hard to keep up with Dom and went in far too hot on the left hander after the top straight, lifted slightly and had my only spin of the day.  You can tell Dom was trying, too by the squeals at the chicane (unless of course, that's the sound of me spinning!)  Never saw him again after that.  

Actually, Rich, I don't recall actually meeting you on track all day, although I know we were out at the same time, so you must have been going fairly rapidly.

Haha, I was squeeling as well (tyres that is!)

I saw you always the other side of the hairpin but that was as close as we got. Tbh never saw that white Megane out on the track either. Did spend alot of time with no other cars in my sights which was kind of nice.

Yeah it's clipped under the dash area.

What you don't see is just after we swapped places, I was trying desperately hard to keep up with Dom and went in far too hot on the left hander after the top straight, lifted slightly and had my only spin of the day.  You can tell Dom was trying, too by the squeals at the chicane (unless of course, that's the sound of me spinning!)  Never saw him again after that.  

I think at one point in that video it all got a bit much and I didn't heel/toe on the change to second which nearly saw me vacate the track limits!

Actually, Rich, I don't recall actually meeting you on track all day, although I know we were out at the same time, so you must have been going fairly rapidly.

Once again I don't think there is any difference between a 1.6 and 1.8 MX5 engined Westfield, nothing in it between your cars Dom and Mike looking at the video

Once again I don't think there is any difference between a 1.6 and 1.8 MX5 engined Westfield, nothing in it between your cars Dom and Mike looking at the video

I've been saying that for ages but nobody would listen to me :d :d :d interesting to see it in a video though :)

Looks like you chaps had a good day :cool:

In pure grunt down the straights, I think they are the same in terms of performance.  Dom has 888s fitted, which seem to work very well on the twisty bits, I was on the last outing of my well-worn R1Rs and I'm down past the legal limit all round after Friday and MOT is due next month.  

Looked at buying a set of 888s today, but they are mighty expensive compared to the R1Rs I managed to source from Germany (free delivery) at £66 a pop.  That's about half the price of the 888s.  For the performance, I can live with the difference - and I use them for the road, too, so I'd rather be on R1Rs if I get caught in the rain.

• Like 1