Hullavington Airfield Track Day - Friday 12 Sep 14

Mooch

I'm booked.  Places available.  Anti-rain dance started  :t-up:

Who is up for it?  I'll start the list, so please do the cut and paste thing if you are going

1. Mooch

Sadly I'm out for this one. First week back at work after holiday and straight into a busy period. I'd like to think the car will be back on the road then but not actually sure. I may have done my last track day of the year :(

What's Hullavington like?

Airfield circuit, run to the same high standards as other MSE events.  Open pit lane, 100db limit (rigidly enforced) covered arms and legs, even if it's sunny.  Tuition available in 20min slots and is very good.

Track uses the whole length of the disused runway up and down, making two long straights and a hairpin in between.  

To describe a typical lap - Pit lane enters just after hairpin onto the first straight.  Fast right hander into the cone chicane complex, long sweeping left onto the straight at the top, flat-out left-hander into the top of the runway straight with a small chicane at the entry to the straight exit to the pits just before the hairpin and ....off you go for another lap!  

There are loads of run off areas and not much to clobber save for a couple of concrete bunkers which will be pointed out in the brief - hard to hit, but you don't want to find out what happens if you do....

The surface is OK, but not as smooth as Abingdon.  This will be my 4th at Hullavington, so I'd say it's good fun!

HTH 

Will be interesting to try a different layout. First time for Hullavington. Will add my name when I've paid MSE.

Out of interests - anyone recommend good places to view/buy helmets? I know a few bike places in Bristol but as they are bike places they are all to bike standards and not FIA/Snell standards. I know it doesn't make any difference for track days but buy once buy right?!?

Noted this on MSE website: New for 2009 at Hullavington we have created an area off the track where you can book time to get the feel of your car and practice your car control skills - this is not for performing donuts and drifting, more to be able to get a feel for the limit of your car in a totally relaxed environment and there is no extra charge for this!

I am not available for this one unfortunately, does not fall well between two holidays meaning I need to do some work!

I'm away till the 14th anything after? Llandow have a day on the 20th I'm booking

I am considering either:-

Bedford on 6th October

Mallory on 10th October

Abingdon 17th October

I am considering Mallory on 10th October

if you do it Gary and knowing the problems that Dave is having with his car ATM watch your oil pressure around Gerrards.

if you do it Gary and knowing the problems that Dave is having with his car ATM watch your oil pressure around Gerrards.

Have you done Mallory Mark? did you get problems?

Have you done Mallory Mark? did you get problems?

I've not driven it but I have been a passenger around there. I'm not saying it will be a problem for you but I'm aware of some (non mazda) that have had problems there in the past with it being such a long corner.