MX-5 Newbie

lewis

Mooch

In my kit I have the engine mounting brackets, full stop end of story.

Are you saying that Westfield should be supplying the engine and gearbox mounts as part of the kit or do these need to be bought from the factory.

On a seperate note, it seems as if stiffer gearbox mounts are the order of the day so can I ask Mark to provide the link (again I know, sorry) to the RS part.

Mike

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lewis

• KugaWestie

• Mark (smokey mow)

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Have you got the completion kit yet? I know it's odd, but I'm pretty sure the mounting rubbers came in that not the starter kit

Hi Dommo

Were not buying a completion kit but buying things as and when we need them, so it looks as if Russ/Gavin are going to take a bit more off my bank balance.

My comment about the link from Mark for the gearbox mounts was a little odd as I haven't asked him before, but he has posted it a lot of times.

Hi

I went for post office red with removable arches and exterior ally panels.

The rubber mounts come in the completion kit - I recommend you get the gearbox mounts from RS as per marks thread.

I too didn't buy the completion kit - I made a list of most of the westfield parts and where I could get them from with part numbers for other manufacturers. Between that, ebay and helpful people on here I have saved a fortune!

Thanks

Shaun

P.S I am not that far from you, my car is in Bromsgrove.

There is talk of an OMEX/TB upgrade for 1.6 and 1.8 cars through Westfield - I've offered mine up as a prototype but I'm still waiting to hear from the factory if/when this is happening. I think there will be a number of power upgrade options in the future.

We already offer the Throttle Body Kits as an upgrade for the Mazda Engines along with other performance options to suit most budgets   ;)

See Here:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/106558-mazda-16-power/

• 1 month later...

I am looking to place the starter kit order very soon now. When I paid the deposit back in January I specified the following options. Do I need anything else which is good to get at this early stage or is there anything that I have requested that I don't need:

Powder coat chassis
Powder cost suspension parts
Fit bushes to wishbones
Detachable arches
Exterior panels SEiW
Engine mounts (from the completion kit)

Get the IVA kit from the start; it's much easier to fit some of the parts as you go along than waiting to the end and have to start taking awkward to access bits apart again!

(Not sure just what you get/what comes done in the Mazda SDV kit!)

Fuel lines are another quite early job in the build sequence, so I've normally ordered them more or less with the kit. Likewise, you tend to need springs/dampers steering rack and column sections quite soon, so consider ordering early.

I'd reccomend upgrading to the camber adjustable front wishbones. It makes fine adjustment of the front camber so much easier as you don't have to dismantle the balljoint in order to make changes.

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&search=Mazda&product_id=725

• 1 month later...

Well the date is decided. Starter kit will be ready for collection between 9th and 11th July  :)

Good man, you won't regret it!

That depends if he has an air powered rivet gun or not ;)