• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveD

• Turbo Tommo

• Mark Stanton

• Blatman

Not quite sure you're all up to speed on this (if you pardon the pun!;).

The Sprint Leaders is/was the class based championsip - nothing to do with the run-off, which is part of the British Sprint Championship. So the run-off will continue to irritate you all - long may that continue!! Just think though - if the run-off had 12 Westfields (much slower) in it it would take so much longer and thus be even more irritating

My point about the WSCC drivers not registering for the Leaders equally applies to contenders in other championships - Mark. The point is though that the National Class based championship is now lost - which is a shame, and it wouldn't have been if more class based competitors had taken more interest.

The run off at Lydden was definitely described as the Sprint Leaders, 'cos the sarcasm from me was an easy target considering none of them could do a complete lap.......Leaders? Hardly.......

Maybe it was a mistake by the paddock announcer/organisers, but that's what was said.

If that's incorrect, then I withdraw my previous statement.

However, if it is the same bunch of single seat driving prima donnas that I saw (NOT including guy g, obviously.......), then good riddance........

if the run-off had 12 Westfields (much slower)

I reckon that a number of Westfields would have got in any way, and not p*** about with cling film and pit crew on the starting line.  :arse:

Guy, where did you get the news re sprint leaders from?

JT

hmmmmmm slow westfields  ???  guy i can count three events off the top of my head that i have done where the british sprint championship has been at the same venue same time and if i had paid my wedge and entered ( what a privilage £50 on top of your entry ) ,i would have qualified for the run off  i think 10th and 11th and a 12th not bad for a slow westfield  :arse:  :blues:  ;)

And the point about the WSCC Speed Series is that it is aimed at novice drivers  :)  :)  and by its very own nature attracts many fast cars and quality drivers  :)  :D

Everyone has freedom of choice to enter whatever championships they want to  :)  No-one forces anyone's arm or makes them feel guilty about entering or not  :)   :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Just perhaps if these "National" championships looked firstly at their own matters and how they could attract more contenders - it might just pay dividends  ;) for everyone, rather than be too critical of others - perception seems to be that it is accessible to a "few" and funded by the many

or it might be just that folks just can't be  :arse: 'd to subscribe to the "Big National Championships" - perhaps they enjoy the sport and championships that they as individuals enter  :D  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

We're not gonna be F1 drivers and at the end of the day - its not life - just something that we all enjoy  :D  :D as a hobby and strive to do the best you can as an individual within a friendly spirit and sportsmanlike manner  ;)  :D  :D  and within our own budget constraints

Guy - Personally I choose not to enter the Nationals - Your choice is to enter them - as in a  similar way you choose not to be a WSCC club member - I choose to join and help out that particular club.

Wouldn't it be boring if we all did the same things  :) I choose not to disrespect other championships and comment on what they should or shouldn't be doing - as being involved to some degree in organising things alongside the WSCC SS team - I appreciate how much work is put in by all those volunteers that help make club motorsport what it is every weekend throughout the summer.

Good Luck to all championships and drivers that choose them - here's to a successful 2004 for everyone

spam boy are you feeling ok , :(  i have a tear in my eye after reading your post  :(  :down:  how touching  :down:   :t-up:

Points system has been tweaked for 2004 - to try and encompass many of the comments by 2003 SS drivers     Just waiting for MSA

To steer you back onto the track of the original question - come on then spill the beans!!! :suspect:  :bangshead:

Sod the MSA - I need to know now :0  ;)  :D

Graham  :D  :devil:  :D  SS regs have never been realeased until MSA approval  :D  :D  ;)

And I'm sure Robbo has seen enough spreadsheets on SS scoring options and alternatives to last him a lifetime  :D  ;)  :)

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wendy i wondered where you were  :arse:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :devil:  :sheep:  :love:  :t-up:  ???