Points System & Championships

Turbo Tommo

I've just been searching for the thread we had a while ago regarding the points system we operate in the speed series. I know Windy was quite vocal in this area, especially regarding the more than 5 competitors rule to score 16 points. Is there any reason why we couldn't adopt the  Sprint Leaders method where 2nd place gets 20 points and the winner gets a bonus equivalent to the time in seconds he (or she) beats that time to a maximum of 1.5 secs. So if you compete with a class of less than 5, you can still get a good points score, similarly, the 3rd onwards have their time reduced in seconds by the gap between them and the competitor in front to a max of 1.5 once again. A field of ten in a closely fought event would all score well and by the same token a lone competitor would still get 20 points. The MSA run this system, so one would assume they know what they're doing.

Why isn't the SS part of the Sprint leaders' championship?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveD

• Turbo Tommo

• Mark Stanton

• Blatman

No-one is stopping you joing the Sprint Leaders Championship for 2004 - I'm sure you'd do well with your new beastie  :D  :D many top 12 run-offs on there way for ya Im sure

Many SS drivers also enter and compete in other championships  :D  and the world is surely big enough for the Sprint leaders champiosnhip to survive without the WSCC SS ;)

Points system has been tweaked for 2004 - to try and encompass many of the comments by 2003 SS drivers  :D  ;) Just waiting for MSA approval  ;)

Looking back at 2003 Robbo has devised many spreadsheet formulas on various points scoring systems.

For 2003 with 2 events to go we had 4 drivers within striking distance of the championship and stil at the last event it was down to 2 with an outside third driver, now that is a good finale

The MSA run this system, so one would assume they know what they're doing.

ROFLAO  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  Thats the funniest yet  :D  :D

???  confused ! bl**** hell this is getting conflicated  :(

yes i can not be held responsable here  ;)

i didn't do it

,no one saw me do it ,

you cant prove anything ,

not this time  :arse:

I'm keeping out of this one..........

Blaters, makes a change mate :p

Points system has been tweaked for 2004 - to try and encompass many of the comments by 2003 SS drivers  :D  ;) Just waiting for MSA approval  ;)

So what is it then, and will that get a ROFLAO, let's hope not

What you worried about John, with your new car you should be getting loads of points all the time :D  From my point of view I can see the merit as I only had one event last year where there wer more than 5 cars, so max points were always 10, it would have been nice to have an opportunity to score more. Also actually on the day at times it became a bit of a lone game. At Ty-Croes I was the only one in my class over the weekend, good job Scott was there to make the Speed Series an actual competition. :D:D:D  (PS thanks Scott)

What you worried about John, with your new car you should be getting loads of points all the time :D  From my point of view I can see the merit as I only had one event last year where there wer more than 5 cars, so max points were always 10, it would have been nice to have an opportunity to score more. Also actually on the day at times it became a bit of a lone game. At Ty-Croes I was the only one in my class over the weekend, good job Scott was there to make the Speed Series an actual competition. :D:D:D  (PS thanks Scott)

Exactly  the point I'm making. Next year, D might be the barren group as well as F & G. It may not be a problem for me, but the problem still exists.

turdo why would the ss want to be part of sprint leaders  :oops:  ???  ??? and tell me how it can be part of the sprint leaders

give it to me baby aha aha  :oops:???  just because you have a bit of grunt now turdo don't let it blur your focus or veiw on next season  :cool: live in the now man live in the now ! :cool:

turdo why would the ss want to be part of sprint leaders  

Can't you answer the question either then......I know it's complicated......D lad!!

can you answer it  :p  why and how  :durr:and is there a problem anyway  :oops:  :durr:  :down:  :t-up:

Surely if you enter a number of championships, then, in an ideal world, if all the events you entered counted for all of them, it would cut down the amount of events you would need to enter.(Easy to understand.....I hope so) Last year I think only 3 events in the speed series counted towards the Sprint Leaders.

I'm sorry, I know it's a really difficult question, the answer to which, you obviously have no idea   :arse: