Points System & Championships

Turbo Tommo

tommo it does not work like that and in my opinion is not that simple you cant have shelsley walsh counting towards sprint leaders cos it's a bl**** great hill ,i think you and others who want to do multiple championships have to make a conscious decision at the start of the season which championship you are going to concentrate on ie the midland speed champioship coincide's with a lot of ss rounds but the south african rally championship does not ( why not ) ,and it depends on what championship's the individuals want to do and weather they coincide with the ss rounds is nothing to do with the ss ,i want to do the south african rally championship why cant ss points count towards that  ???  :arse:

if you had several championships running at one event all scoring the same points and the same point structure ,what is the point ,why not just do one championship ,

what we nead is carrol vorderman to work this out  :oops: hmmmmmm carrol vorderman ,she can talk numbers to me anytime  :love:  :blues:  :down::down:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveD

• Turbo Tommo

• Mark Stanton

• Blatman

I take your point Steve, especially with Carol Vordermann.

I realise that the hills are exempt, it all stemmed from a perusal of the Sprint Leaders regs and that the SS wasn't a recognised championship in those regs.

Does it apply only to the clubs that organise events, in which case we would only have Curborough, and I guess you won't attract big racing cars round there.

If that's the case, then Qu answered. However, our itinery could take in a few different rounds, Pembrey for instance, which is a double header weekend, and Llandow with a different organising club. These were both sprint leaders events this year. Those along with Croft, Lydden (cancelled I know) and Jockhill, would make 6 simultaneous qualifying events.

JT

P.S. Replies with the usual venom and abject disregard for tact and diplomacy please, the last was a bit sensible, almost friendly in fact. Don't start getting soft.  :arse:

quote " don't worry about it there's no sprint leaders next year "

they have reallised its toss  :p and the ss is far superior  ???  :D

Don't worry about it - there is no Sprint Leaders next year!!
 :(  :(  :(

That's not good news  :(  :(

It's a case of "use it or lose it" - there just isn't enough support for a national class based championship.

I would resist complaining now - WSCC competitors could have made a lot of difference if only you had been bothered to make the effort and enter the Leaders over the last few years.

So no more Sprint Leaders and no more National Class Champions.

On the other hand, the British Sprint has had a fairly good year, with more entrants than for some time.

WSCC competitors could have made a lot of difference if only you had been bothered to make the effort and enter the Leaders over the last few years

Surely there were many others and not just WSCC drivers that could have made a significant difference as well Guy  ;)  ;)

And at the end of the day drivers will always choose to enter events and championships that they as individuals wish to ...... its a free country  :D  Midland, Notts, British Hillclimb, Midland Hillclimb, WSCC SS and Friarsgate all seem to be doing quite well with many events overlapping  :D

Perhaps it may be that drivers like a mix and match of both hill and sprint venues  ???  ???  ???

Not a complaint Guy - just a tad sad to see a championship unable to continue for whatever reason  :(

Am i missing something here, i didnt realise we had an obligation to enter the sprint leaders? If i d of wanted to enter it i would have, i am not going to enter a championship for the sake of it-regardless of my ability (or lack of) as a driver.

So no more Sprint Leaders and no more National Class Champions.

b*******,

On the other hand, the British Sprint has had a fairly good year, with more entrants than for some time.

I'll have to have a go at that then!

i think it has something to do with the top twelve or 10 run or whatever it is  ???  they just get p******** off with that taking preference over there days sprinting ,i am sorry but thats the way it is for some people losing 1/3 of a day to heediots in single seaters when they could be out there just winds them up  :p  :angry:

Personally I gotta agree with ya there Steve  :D  ;)  I always felt somewhat cheated when rounds coincided with Sprint Leaders - but I wouldn't want to diss others choice to enter it - my personal choice was not to enter those events if possible  ;)  :)

sorry that should be heediots in single seaters who keep falling off  :p  :arse:  :blues:  rabbi has spoken  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  hail to the rabbi :arse:  ???  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :arse:  :oops:

ahhhh yes blatters lydden i rest my case  :arse:  7 hour drive on a friday afternoon ,M25 was a b***h  :angry: then you get 2 practice runs and one yes ONE timed run all because of the chuffin sprint leaders and sprint championship ,all the heediots in single seaters throwing themselves at the scenery again  :arse:  holes !  :blues:  :blues: hail to the rabbi  :p  ;)