Sprint Style Track Day @ RAF Barkston Heath 5th October ( new photo's added )

Marto303

Even if I didn't have plans I have no exhaust at the min and need to make new engine mounts.

Don't worry james I will be out in the scary banana next year and all been well I will be bringing another 40-60 horses, a shinny new exhaust and it looks like I have a new box to fit in too :d

Thought I'd give this a bump as it's coming round fast, next Saturday :yes: still places available I believe :t-up:

I woiuld reccomend these timed days to anyone - they are great fun and you can see how your car performs against others...  JAmes Have a good day Marto

I woiuld reccomend these timed days to anyone - they are great fun and you can see how your car performs against others...  JAmes Have a good day Marto

What JAmes said :t-up:

??? Your going the wrong way round Phil ???

We did it clockwise :t-up:

Enjoy, was hoping to make it, but not poss ;-(

Thats a shame Chris :down:  oh well just me and paul ( back st ) from here then. I've got a couple more cars get out later today then I'm off :yes:

Have fun Martin, look forward to hearing how it went  :yes: I had a meeting and now got the paperwork to do... nevermind, helps pay the reaper,  I mean mortgage :angry:  17 more years to go :bangshead:

So just arrived and let myself onto the airfield, kind of weird cos I'm the only one here apart from two guys setting some of the track up for the morning, not sure they can see what their doing in the dark  :(

Anyway hope I'm parked up in the right place, (it's so dark here you can't see your hand in front of your face) not on the runway :blush: don't want a Hercules landing on me :d

Hope a few more turn up in the morning, I'll get a lot of runs in otherwise :yes:

Well another great day with the RAFMSA at Barkston Heath. Started off perfectly with the two Westfeilds ( me & Paul ) 1st & 2nd fastest on the first lay out.

Unfortunately I then had a bit of an incident on the second lay out. On the last corner of a timed run I ran a little wide and put a wheel on the grass, steered into the slide and fired myself straight into the tyre wall, ripped the offside front wheel & suspension completely off and flipped the car over and came to rest on it's side  :down: 

This is the remains after it was recovered from the track.

FAF59C07-9383-4D06-9413-6B4531B73E04-198

So the cars a bit of a mess, I'm a bit battered & bruised but luckily nothing broken, guess my winter re-build just got serious :(

Whoops Marto, that looks bad, the cage helped I guess.  Sort the bruises and then sort the car.

Whoops Marto, that looks bad, the cage helped I guess.  Sort the bruises and then sort the car.

Thanks Bernie, Yes it was a big one, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to go through that without a full cage, the bruises will go in a week or so but the car will take a little longer to sort out  :(