Darve's journey from IVA fail to retest

darve

just turned up to the MOT station and I look like a drowned rat :(:d

my left sleeve has turned into a water fountain :d

Get used to it, it won't be the first time :)

I can't wait for the results so stop messing about and get it on the rollers.

Bon chance

Norm,

I think it was the first time but definitely won't be the last!

Best wishes for the re-test Darve

Jon

well I think ive driven the car on the wettest day ive ever seen! just spent the last 7 hours stopping localised flooding getting in the house! 6 inches of water in the porch. me and my brother have shifted a ****e load of water. ill report on the visit to the garage tomorrow as im nakered now

Was the heaviest rainfall I've seen in recent years for SE Essex.   Got rather wet myself at work.    

Can someone pop round and get him out of bed. I need to know what happened on the rollers.

was lovely in the midlands

yes have been busy drying the house out :oops: nice and sunny now! no need to panic to much as the garage stayed nice and dry :d got very close to entering the lounge but the preventative action saved the day. all the neighbors just sat on their arses waiting to see what would happen. really helpful!

anyway into the results yesterday. when the tester pulled really hard on the handbrake lever we recorded 192kgf on the parking brake. I need 162. so problem solved :) just have to make sure the IVA tester pulls on the lever nice and hard.

passed the normal MOT brakes test as well recording slightly higher braking forces on all corners other than drivers front conpared to last week. recorded lock on all corners except rear passenger. all mute really as not the same test as IVA. but shows they are getting better with more beddig in

all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed for IVA

OK, handbrake now sorted.

Is the pedal really solid or is it still spongy. Can you compare it with another car?

Just bed them in as much as you can on the way to the test centre. I'd also explain to the examiner that the pads are new and it's difficult to bed them in when you can't drive the car on the road other than for the journey to the test centre. May just get you past if it's marginal.

I'm surprised you couldn't lock the n/s/r as it's the wheel with the lightest weight on it.

I suppose all you can do is to bed them in as much as you can on the way to the test center,

Good luck.

Just to show how bad it was in this area, heres Southend sea front

1234878_10153197460645013_307407125_n_zp

passed the normal MOT brakes test as well recording slightly higher braking forces on all corners other than drivers front conpared to last week. recorded lock on all corners except rear passenger. all mute really as not the same test as IVA. but shows they are getting better with more beddig in

The results you just sent me show it was not the left but the right rear that didn't lock, which would make sence as that's the one with the most weight on it.

whoops I said drivers rear in my head :d

Norm - pedal is now pretty damn firm after Mark popped round last week to help. not quite as firm as his though. jumped in a few other cars at a local meet and mine is firmer than one I tried. I understand it may get a bit firmer as the pads bed in more. the one I tried that wasn't as firm as my pedal had just had the pads changed.

I think I've done all I can now apart from some more bedding in on the way to the test. Just prey the iva retest goes smoothly :)

Yes, many underestimate how much difference bedding the pads in for a good few miles makes to the firmness.