Darve's journey from IVA fail to retest

darve

pipes came pre-flared from WF.

unusual yes, possibiliy yes = must check :d

will pull the bathroom mirror off the wall to use as a flat surface. joke - have a spare one :d

Dave, when you take the pipe off look carefully for darker coloured brake fluid. If there is any bits floating about it will almost certainly make the fluid darker.

Good luck.

I almost want to find a problem with the pipe. at least there would then be a known reason for the reduced effectiveness at the front!

Dave, I really think it's the pads. The need the top glaze taking off. I'm not a fan of Greenstuff, but only based on others reports. I've seen reports that they're nowhere near as good as xyz pads, others say they're OK but I've never seen anyone say they're far better than xyz pads.

However having siad that they should get you through the test.

By the way, are the rears also Greenstuff? I know you did say but I'm a bit tired to read through all the posts to find out. Also, I note the front calipers are single piston, what are the rears?

They're not greenstuff, but they are the same manufacturer. Just to an OEM recipe. I still can't find the printout of my brake report, I'd like to compare the figures for the rear.

fronts and rear are ebc ultimax pads

rear calipers are also signle piston

will pick up some emery paper on the way home tomorrow to take off the glaze :)

Ah, I thought they were Greenstuff as I can see some green around the edges.

keep hunting dom :d

OK, Dave, just a thought. I'm assuming front and rear were about the same on the rollers which probably means the fronts weren't getting enough grip.

How about shouting at them "Get a grip!". OK, I've got my coat and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

fronts were more powerful than the rears but not a big enough percentage more when the pressure on the pedal increased. they test at pressure increments and record the results at each increment. percentage over the rears reduced as the pressure on the pedal increased.

if it fails on the retest I'll be in the right mind to shout at them :d

If the pistons aren't sticking and they do move in and out with pedal pressure then the more I think about it it comes down to the surface of the pads.

dave got my gas analyser working .can pop over to you tonight if you want and test your emissions

big thanks to Pete for popping round with his gas analyser :) looks like the tweaks to the lambda settings with NMS has sorted the CO2s at idle :) will get double checked at mot centre on Saturday

disconnected the pipe from the m/c to the front t piece. flared ends look good and no debris in the line or at the joints. blew the line out aswell. here's a pic of the front flare. m/c end just the same

20130814_213000_zps5c3c9ecb.jpg

20130814_213021_zps1c19f181.jpg

and here's the fluid that came out. looks nice and clean

20130814_213219_zps430dac9a.jpg

then rebleed the system. Will bleed again after the runout to the mot centre on Saturday just to make sure

ran out of time to rub the pads down. job for tomorrow night along with replacing the clutch slave cylinder

Sounds good, pipe and fluid are good.

I think you're almost there.

:t-up: dave

that a real  well built car .a real credit to you and your efforts.

I hope all goes well on your retest. fingers :yes: crossed