Ty Croes Sprint, Sunday 1st Sept; WSCC members parade lap

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Could the event drivers allow someone else who is not competing to drive there cars. This may avoid drivers actually driving and allow more cars on the parade with the proper driver passengering. I can however understand not wanting to allow your pride and joy out in others hands but its only a parade lap or two. You would need two seats though.

Just a thought

Bob

That's perfectly OK Bob, it's in the competitors notes I believe!

It might be worth anyone not driving a Westfield to the event still packing there driving licence just incase spare drivers are need for the parade lap

No problem.

Competitors have not received any details yet about the parade laps. I guess its sadly a No No according to what we know so far

Tel, I have had several weeks seeing if we could allow competitors to drive, as I know so many were looking forward to it, but I'm afraid it's a straight, absolute, no.

Competitors in the sprint event may take part as passengers, either in their own or another car.

Hi Terry

It's a underlined note on page 4 of the regs detailing competitors not driving parade lap :(

I even thought driving reversed course but its a no go :(

Please remember that this was an offer graciously made by Sarah on behalf of the LCCC and MGCC, in recognition of the support of our club over the years, and with the hope of providing those that go along to spectate rather than compete an "experience", and to hopefully encourage some fresh faces along to check out sprinting.

It's an MSA event, so has to be run under the MSA's instructions, and those helping us in the paddock, driving pace cars and at track side, are volunteers from the all ready very busy group of volunteers who staff the days motorsport, and who are now also giving up their lunch time for us.

Dave

maybe I will let some one drive mine if I have no problems on the day :d be good to see it go around from the track side :yes:

maybe I will let some one drive mine if I have no problems on the day :d be good to see it go around from the track side :yes:

Hearing them crunch your sequential box from the track side will also be good. Even better if my fastest competitive run is quicker than yours :)

paul you cant crunch mine its got the geartronic easy shift on it :t-up: . even paul edden could change gear with out breaking it.[but im not letting him near it to prove :d  :d :d  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: ] 

This a great opportunity which I fully support and your efforts are appreciated Dave

:laugh: Frustrating morning at work, can you tell!  :oops: 

:laugh: Frustrating morning at work, can you tell!  :oops:

You only work mornings!?