Ty Croes Sprint, Sunday 1st Sept; WSCC members parade lap

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Yep. These are requirements just for us on the parade laps. (There are more, but I won't bore you with the details now)

is there an age limit for the passengers?

Have asked Sarah, Phil; will let you know as soon as I hear back.

I hope its ok if you are older than 65 :d

Do we need crash hats or is that a daft question. It is a parade lap ?? need to borrow one for her indoors if that's the case. Dave I'm looking more than tentative now so put me down please.

Bob

Will do Bob, lids was one of the questions I'm checking with Sarah.

Will do Bob, lids was one of the questions I'm checking with Sarah.

If so, Having to wear lids may put many regular club members off driving over to the event I would have thought!

Agreed but can still understand why they would want to insist, in my case it means I have to encase her indoors in a muffler, it has its advantages.

Bob :p

I have a couple of spare helmets, not eligible for sprinting under MSA rules but fine for track days so will be fine for a parade laps (if required).

So if a helmet requirement is confirmed then I am happy to loan out for the parade laps.

We just need to get as many Westfieds out there as possible and you will have a great day/weekend at Ty Croes.

I also have a spare medium lid.

Bump...

Calling all club members! This is a fantastic opportunity for us non-competing members to take part in two parade laps of the glorious Ty Croes circuits sprint course.

A little bit more info - hopefully answers some of your questions - we will email out more details nearer the time.

• Entrance is free to WSCC members, including over night camping for those that need it. Entrance is by ticket only though, or you will be asked to pay! Tickets in electronic form for you to print out and bring will be distributed prior to the event.
  • We will be having signing on plus a briefing approx one hour before lunch, so you need to be there for mid morning at the latest. Driving licenses will be required.
  • We will get two laps, and run between two pace cars, which will enforce a 60 mph maximum speed. There will be no overtaking. Thanks to this, helmets ARE NOT REQUIRED. Additionally, there is no age limit for passengers, but all passengers must be in proper (road legal) seats with proper (road legal) seat belts. Children will be allowed, provided they have the correct booster seats etc. As per normal Highway Code/Road Traffic laws.

(Essentially, we will be operating under the events MSA license etc, so have to follow MSA rules)

Anybody know a. Booster that fits jk's?

Have a couple of good cushions on the sofa :)

I wont be able to make this now sadly - I have a large bush to tame in N'pton that weekend.... have fun all...........

Sounds good I'm still up for it with her indoors passengering shouldn't get much grief as its 60mph may even spark some enjoyment in the car that could also be a problem. Thanks Dave for getting this so far just final touches.

Bob